VIII: 3 heads in one, 3 hearts for one

Gusion stared at Vermilion, who had his back leaning against the headboard of his bed, his left chest bandaged thickly by a cloth.

"Tell me again how she managed to stab you? You, Duke Paxley, a well-trained mage whom everyone could barely defeat." He said, emphasizing and mocking at the same time.

Vermilion casted him a glare. "I told you. We were talking and she suddenly stabbed me."

"Talking?" He repeated. "Close enough for her to grab your blade before you can stop her?"

"You had your blade pierced against a Palace guard before. If you claim that it wasn't you who did it, so it was probably her!" He retorted. "So let me ask you the same. How did she get your blade before you can stop her?"

He almost forgot he was actually the first victim of Guinevere's deceiving act.

"Fine. She was fast. Lord Baroque said she trained everyday." He said.

"Lord Baroque? You went to Gorge?"

"I wanted to warn her for her schemes!"

"And this is her response to it! That's what she meant at the last thing she said!"

"How would I know she was completely capable of landing damage on you?"

Vermilion sighed. "So it is true? She has gone evil?"

"She had to stab you for you to believe me?" He asked bitterly.

"What can we do about this?"

"I am staying away."

"Don't you realize we have to turn her back or there will never be a peaceful wedding? Or even a date that wouldn't end up with somebody's throat stabbed?"

Gusion paused to think.

He hated to admit it but his old brother was right. "What do you plan on doing?"

"I don't know." His brother said. "I do not exactly know what happened to her."

Gusion clenched his jaw. "There is one man who knows exactly what happened."

"Who?"

"Ugh! I hate this plan."

******************************************************

Dyrroth chuckled the moment he looked up from his table at the same pub that he approached Gusion asking for help.

Gusion had his fist balled.

The last thing he wanted to do was work with this guy.

"I knew you would come crawling by yourself." Dyrroth said triumphantly.

"You have a plan?"

Dyrroth paused for a moment. Then he shrugged. "Sort of a plan."

"What do you mean sort of? That better work or I'll turn you over to the Moniyan Palace."

"Guinevere would kill you for that."

Gusion hated how he sounded so confident that Guinevere would do such a thing.

"Alright. Come on." Gusion started walking.

"Where?"

He looked at the blond guy over his shoulder. "There is one more person who can help."

Dyrroth's brows arched, but he followed Gusion all the way to his carriage.

"Ahhh. The former fiance." Dyrroth smirked as soon as he climbed up the carriage and saw Vermilion sitting inside.