Sleep

A/n: I'm so incredibly sorry I've taken so long to get this chapter out. I've had the worst migraine I've ever had in my entire life almost every day and my life has just been overall hell on earth these past few weeks.

I hope you enjoy it!!

December 16th, 1977

Eden sat curled up on her new bed and watched the hours tick by on the clock that sat on the bedside table. It had been nearly five hours since she arrived in the room, and was now nearing seven in the morning. She'd tossed and turned for several hours before finally giving up and leaning against the backboard of the bed, staring off into the darkness.

Every time she closed her eyes the nightmares came back, playing endlessly on repeat as she tried so hard to defeat them. She could feel the tears of frustration starting to well up in her eyes, and she willingly let them fall.

She wanted to sleep. She needed to sleep.

She was safe now. Why couldn't she just relax? Everything was going to be fine.

"What is wrong with you?"

"I'm safe now."

"Why can't you just be normal?"

"Everything is going to be fine."

"I just want to sleep."

"Why can't I sleep?"

She'd had enough, throwing her hands down on the bed, making the sheets and blankets wrinkle beneath her palms, before grabbing a pillow and putting it between her knees and face.

She screamed. She screamed as loud as her voice could possibly manage, taking in a deep breath and letting out a loud sob.

The door to her room flung open, the bright light from the hallway shining in as a tall shadowy figure stood in the doorway.

"What happened?" they asked frantically, making Eden jump as she heard them speak. She gasped looking up with wide eyes and gripping tightly onto the bed sheets. Her breath was

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. I just heard you scream." He explained as he relaxed a bit. He could sense her distress as she breathed heavily staring at the man.

"What's wrong? What happened?"

"I-I-I, I just-" she stuttered. He let out a deep sigh relaxing a bit as she stepped towards her. She could see now, as he shifted around, that he was one of the people that wore a silver mask.

"You know what, let's start over." Eden gently nodded. "Ok, my name's Omega." He said as he gently sat on the edge of her bed. He carefully reached a hand out for her to shake.

"I-I'm Eden." She whispered reaching out and shaking his hand.

"If you don't mind me asking, what happened?" He questioned just as he let go of her hand.

"I-I just, I couldn't sleep. I guess I-I got a little f-frustrated." Eden explained. She could feel calming energy radiating off his body, which helped her relax some.

"I understand. I have trouble sleeping too." He said as she nodded in response. "It's really frustrating especially if you've had a long day." He said. Eden kept her eyes locked on him. The silver mask he wore drove her curiosity insane.

"Why do you wear that mask?" She questioned, giving in to her curiosity.

"Well, you do know this isn't your normal church right?" She nodded, letting her knees fall so she was sitting crisscross now. "I'm what they call a ghoul. I have sent from hell, to serve humans like you. We wear masks because humans aren't allowed to see our faces." He explained.