[48] close bonds, acts of love

8x06; 8x08The King, the Widow and Rick; How It's Gonna Be

8x06; 8x08
The King, the Widow and Rick; How It's Gonna Be

"Fucking hell," Liz tossed away the note breathing heavily. He wasn't around, so the best thing she could do to express her feelings was to grab his pillow and throw it at the wall. "I'll be back," she repeated what she'd just read.

Daryl wouldn't have to get back if he hadn't left in the first place.

Michonne had left with Rosita yesterday afternoon, so she knew he hadn't left with them. Other than them, the twins were other people that had a strong reason to fight the Saviours, or Negan more precisely, straight away, but they weren't like that. They liked to plan first.

"Tara," she uttered the name when she reached the conclusion that she was the other person thirsting for revenge and ran out of her room straight to the infirmary, which was Tara's place, the place that used to be Denise's as well.

She rang the doorbell and knocked on the door as if expecting a miracle. But even if Tara did show up, nothing would change the fact that Daryl's crossbow was gone. She hadn't seen him after coming back early morning from her shift, but she'd naively thought he was probably taking some air. She'd been too exhausted to think differently.

She'd woken up to a mere note that was probably written before yesterday went dark.

"Is something wrong?"

Liz turned around seeing Grace that was walking up the stairs of the porch. If her mind wasn't haywire from Daryl being missing, then she'd probably be wondering what she was doing so early at Tara's place.

"Are you here for Tara?"

"Uh... yeah?"

"She isn't here."

A panic similar to the one Liz had felt in the morning ran through Grace's face. "What?" She walked up to Liz ringing the bell and calling Tara's name only to be replied with silence.

"When was the last time you saw her?"

Grace's eyes darted sideways, her head down. "After she came back from the Hilltop. Six-ish, maybe? Why?"

"I think she went out with Daryl...it makes sense."

"Because of Dwight."

"And Negan."

Liz clenched her jaw as she thought about asking whoever was on shift before her, maybe they'd seen something. But she knew it would mean nothing. It would confirm what she already knew. And it wouldn't change the fact that she couldn't go to get him, she needed to stay here, follow the plan.

She wouldn't be able to be there if something happened to him.

─────✦─────

Idiot. Idiot. Idiot.

All of her feelings stemmed from worrying about her husband getting hurt, but it was much simpler to cover it up with annoyance.