𝟶𝟺

Chapter Four: Peachy-Keen

❛Chapter Four: Peachy-Keen❜

"Okay, so what happens to a person who has a near death experience and comes out seeing things?" Scott's leg shook under the lunch table, bumping into Stiles repeatedly.

"And is unable to tell what's real or not?"

"And is being haunted by demonic visions of dead relatives?"

"They're all locked up because they're insane," Issac looked up from the notes for English he was working on, head tilted to the side in boredom and slight amusement.

"Ha. Can you at least try to be helpful, please?"

"For half my childhood, I was locked in a freezer. So, being helpful is kind of a new thing for me." Issac smirked coyly, having trauma really did pay off.

"Hey, dude, are you still milking that?"

"Yeah, maybe—" Issac cut himself off, eyes locking on Griffin Dunbar, wobbling into the school's courtyard. He covered his nose at the stench of blood radiating off of him, Issac might of had a better hold over his transformation, but his eyes flashed a shocking yellow for just a moment. Stiles and Scott whipped around to where Issac was looking, eyes locking onto the teen. His backpack was no where in sight, and he reeked of anxiety, hands shaking at his sides.

Scott started to get up, signaling Stiles to follow despite his obvious displeasure. "Griffin! Hey, are you alright?"

"Oh yeah, peachy-keen, McCall." Griffin felt like he was on the verge of passing out, he still had no idea how he ended up hours away from Beacon Hills. He could only be terrified that it would happen again. "Just went on a little trip is all," he tried to shoulder past the two, he had only shown up to the school to steal the bandages out of coach's medical kit.

"C'mon, Sergio. It's pretty damn obvious you went on more than just a trip." Griffin's shoulders tensed, Stiles was barely an inch shorter than him but Griffin made a show of looking down on the older of the two.

"Listen, guys." He turned to look at Scott, then back. "Trust me when I say you do not want to get in my way," his voice wasn't threatening, it was desperate.

Griffin couldn't go home, not while looking like he murdered somebody. So he went to Luke's house.

When Luke opened the door, he gave his friend a once over, and let him in. Almost like he had seen Griffin covered in blood multiple times before. "Yours?"

For just a moment, he hesitated. "Yeah," Griffin caught the shirt that Luke tossed to him. "Where's your dad?"

"Picked up another shift, Hanukah's damn expensive." Griffin sat on the brunette's bed like he had hundreds of times before, ripping off the stolen shirt he'd been wearing.

"It isn't for awhile though, right? Thought it was after Christmas." Luke eyed the bandages haphazardly stretched across Griffin's frame, only spotted with gore.

"Er... yeah, yeah you're right. But if we wanna do it properly we've gotta start savin' now." Griffin fell back, surprised not to feel constrained by his wound as he stretched out on the twin mattress. "Hey, Grif?" Luke had a smirk on his face, bringing back the playfulness he usually talked to his best friend with.

"Yeah?" Griffin couldn't help the grin plastered on his face.

"Why the hell haven't you asked out Maria yet?"

"Oh for fuck's sake," Griffin chuckled, having had the same conversation multiple times before.

"C'mon! You know she's fucking hung up on you, has been since the 6th grade."

"Yeah, and I've been on her since freshman year. But I don't know, I know I'd be happy," Griffin sighed, moving over to make room for Luke who climbed to sit next to him. "I guess I don't know how long I'd be happy. Don't get me wrong, she's great, gorgeous, and a hell of a lot smarter than either of us."

"But?"

"But, at most I can imagine us going to, like, prom together. Not starting a life. And I know I'm young and all, but that's what I want, a life with someone." Luke's shoulders shook as he laughed, despite himself. "What?"

"You're so damn cheesy, Grif. Only you can show up to my house covered in blood, and then talk about sappy growing-old-together type shit, in what, ten minutes?"

"Okay, suck my dick."

"Yeah, yeah. Hey, uh, are you gonna get the phone?" Griffin furrowed his eyebrows, and took fumbled to take out his phone from his pant pocket, and sure enough it was Liam calling him. "That's weird, I would've sworn it was dead," Griffin hesitated before picking it up. "Hello?"

"Griffin, jeez, I haven't seen you all day. Where are you," he relaxed at hearing his younger brother's voice.

"Oh, I'm at Luke's. I'll come over now, promise." Griffin hastily hung up, not giving Liam a chance to respond. "See you tomorrow, yeah?"

"Yeah, and try not to bleed on my shirt." Luke called after him as he stepped out the door of his trailer.