The Tsaritsa's calling

It was a cold morning in the middle of June when scaramouche heard three quick knocks at his office door, ultimately distracting him from his work or rather his scheming. He rolled his eyes before mumbling a low "come in".

The door opened to reveal one of the fatui members who kept their gaze strictly on the ground, whether it was out of respect or fear he didn't know and he didn't care, they both worked in his favour.

He began to tire of their silence. "Well,what did you interrupt me for then" he snapped, tilting his head at the girl that stood at the door a few metres away.

The girl at the door took a sharp breath before informing him "The gracious Tsaritsa requests your presence in her throne room".

He dragged his hand down his face in annoyance preceding to abruptly rising out of his chair and walking towards the door and fatui member, who quickly swing the door wide open for the harbinger.

As he walked down the chartered and dismal halls towards the throne room where her majesty awaited his arrival. He received either a nod of acknowledgement or a bow of respect from those he walked by and it made him feel powerful.

It made him feel like he had a purpose, that he mattered. To him that was the greatest feeling.

As he neared the colossal icy doors to the throne room, he noted that the temperature of his surroundings became significantly cooler. He pale,slim fingers gently pushed open the huge doors to unveil the one and only cryo archon,the Tsaritsa of Snezhnaya in all her glory perched on to of her spiked ice thrown.

Her skin was as white as snow and her eyes as blue as the sky. Her lengthy white hair flowed down her back and elegant framed her face laying neatly  upon her milky Cape. The only things of colour that were noticeable apart from her eyes were her cherry red lips, her perfectly painted baby blue nails and the dark icy crown that sat comfortably on her head, even her cheeks were void of colour as if she had no blood running through her veins,just venom.

Her silky voice engulfed the room as she spoke "you seem to forget yourself scaramouche,knock before entry".

Scaramouche dropped down onto one knee while bowing his head down in respect, or so she thought.  "I apologise your grace,I was too focused on getting here quick like you asked". This was so stupid he thought as he resisted the urge to roll his eyes at how pathetic he looked.

She tilted her head before speaking again." I guess your lack of manners can be exused just this once, but now I will inform you why I requested you".

Scaramouche Rose from the ground and for the first time since he entered that room, his eyes locked onto hers. He started to grow impatient with the amount of time it was taking for her to tell him. He wouldn't admit it but he was curious. She took a deep breath before explaining "after evaluating all of my harbingers,I have come to the realisation that you are the only one who does not have one and I believe it would benefit you if you had one".

He couldn't help but let the shocked look appear on his face and before thinking,he tried to treason with her. "Has my work not been satisfactory,I don't understand why I need one". She let out a hum before turning away to face her throne.

"It is true that your work has been satisfactory,however on average the other harbingers work improved by 68% after having an assistant".

The purple haired boy had no words and could barely even thing,before he knew it,he felt a soft hand cup his face. It was cold. Freezing even to the point it stung.

"I know you won't disappoint me scaramouche. Dismissed".

And with that he felt the familiar feeling of anger bubble in his blood. He would have to pick an assistant to get her off his back.

Once he got to his room,he plopped himself onto the bed laying on his back with an arm draped across his eyes. The longer he thought about it the more he thought that,maybe if he did get an assistant it would make his plan easier. Actually finding someone he could tolerate to be his assistant would be the hardest part;he hated everyone there and he was positive everyone hated him,I mean even his mother didn't want anything to do with him. He was defected in her eyes. Weak and useless.

Powerless.

He hated that.

Feeling powerless.

He also hated the feeling that he was not needed,the fact that the whole world could move on without him without even blinking an eye. He would never admit it, not even to himself but it made him feel mad,sad and even slightly insecure. He wanted to feel like he mattered.

Thats why he joined the fatui in the first place. If he knew the torture that he would be put through by that insane excuse of a doctor then he would never of joined. He would of found his own way to get his hands on that gnosis.

His gnosis.

And he was going to make sure he got what was his as if it was the last thing he was going to do. He was protective of anything and everything that belonged to him. He had learned from experience than anything can be lost or snatched away from him in a matter of seconds.

Scaramouches vision started to get cloudy as he started to get into a comfortable position and as he drifted off he thought about how he was going to find anyone willing or tolerable enough to become his assistant. Even childe had managed to get and keep and assistant. If childe could do it then so could he.

And with that he drifted off and got some much needed rest, unknowing of the events that would unfold the very next day.