The fall

When scaramouche opened his eyes the next morning he could barely keep them open.His eyes ached from the sudden light sensitivity but his eyes weren't the only thing that was hurting. His head ached. He hadn't slept very well as he had woken up a numerous amount of times,his mind plauged with the thought of his new mission...well more like his new chore. His real mission was the gnosis. His gnosis.

He groaned before dragging a hand down his face in attempts to rid some of the fatigue and to prepare himself for the torture of finding an assistant he could tolerate. He began to think about whether he could continue his plans for the gnosis with someone shadowing his every movement.

The assistant would belong to him right? So therefore they technically wouldn't be able to tell anyone if he told them not too or he could constantly send them on missions so they weren't around him.

He reluctantly got out of the comfort of his bed and sluggishly pulling his clothes on as he stared at the vibrant purple patterns decorating his hips, chest and spine with a soft glow. He analysed himself resentfully wishing he was someone else. Maybe if he was better then he might of been kept for his purpose.

He looked away.

He hated himself so much that it drove him to hate everyone else just to make himself feel better. Know one knew about the luminous marks that decorated his porcelain skin, bar the electro symbol that rested on the nape of his neck. They couldn't. They were hideous. The marks left by his creator were a constant reminder of his failure.

He took a deep sigh before placing his hat on his head and pushing his door open into the hallway. He didn't actually know what he was doing so he just wandered around the halls.

He hated being stuck in the palace but that didn't stop him from admiring the detail that went into the design. The intricate and large arch windows that decorated the halls were his favourite part of the building. He liked looking out of them and seeing the view.

His thoughts had consumed him when all of a sudden,he had been slammed to the floor. He back ached but he was more focused on the weight he could feel laying on top of him.

It was a member of the fatui.

He realised that it was a girl but the biggest realisation was her uniform that was coated in red. Blood. Of course there was the possibility that it wasnt hers given the organisation they were part of but the gaping wound in her side said other wise.

He tried to gently lift her off himself before getting up. He looked at the girl laying on the floor unmoving and debated on leaving her to someone else or taking her to the medical Wing himself.

He ended up caving and began to bend down so that he could pick the girl up into his arms. Once he got her comfortable carrying her bridal style, he started making his way to the medical Wing. He looked down on her  to inspect her. She had long deep red hair that had been tied back in a braid. He couldn't see her face as it was mandatory that futui members had their mask on at all time. He was tempted to take it off but remembered that it was disrespectful to have your mask off in the presence of someone as high up as himself.

After finishing examining the bleeding girl in his arms, he noticed that he had reached his destination. He opened the door and was quickly acknowledged by the people in the room, all giving him a quick bow of respect before taking the injured girl out of his arms.

They rushed to get her on the bed and began to remove her uniform to access her wound. He took that as his cue to leave the room. He decided to go back to his room to do some of his paperwork but he couldn't help think of the girl. How did she get injured. Why was she all alone even when she got to the palace. How did she get that far without anyone helping her. He couldn't believe that she had even gotten back to the palace in the first place. He knew that he shouldn't of been but he was intrigued and wanted to know what happened. He would just have to wait till the girl woke up till he could ask questions. In reality she should of been dead with a wound that big and deep.

The archons must be on her side. His thoughts turned sour at the thought of the archons. It should of been him. Praised and admired by everyone while having power over everyone. He dreamed of being loved but he knew that would never happen. They would just discard him like his creator did so he worked with the second best factor that got people to listen to him.

Fear.

He knew that feeling all to well, deep down, and he hated it. It made him feel powerless but he knew that he could use it against other people. The organisation was proof. One mention of the fatui can make anyone instantly feel fear. Truth be told, if he had to chose between being loved and adored or being feared and hated, he would chose the former. Unfortunately life didn't work out for him and it was her fault. He was ment to be the ruler of inazuma, not her.

That wouldn't matter after he got his gnosis and he became powerful enough to prove himself.

He shook himself out of his thoughts and began to do his paperwork. Maybe getting an assistant wouldn't be so bad after all. It would get him out of doing his paperwork. He just needed to find someone.

Half-way through doing his paper work for the day, he remembered that the red that coated her uniform now covered his too. He let out a sigh before lifting himself out of his chair and taking his uniform of and headed to the shower.

He had mixed feelings about having showers. He liked that it would rid him of any uncleanness but no matter how hard he scrubbed the symbols on his body, they wouldn't go away, leaving them painful and sensitive to touch.

He decided to just enjoy his shower and not think about anything else but before he knew it, he had began to try to scratch the tattoes off. It hurt but that didn't matter to him. He just wanted them gone.