Chapter nine

30th December 2005

"Ah...aah.." You were panting like crazy with a smiling and cackling Hanma next to you. "Gosh! Stop laughing like a maniac, Joker! I'll...Aah...I'll kill you, Zombie!" You wheezed and coughed because of the cold. "You should've seen your face, girl!"

You were walking to your meeting spot while looking at your reflection in your pocket mirror. "Makeup is on point today, Ri." You winked at yourself and entered the cafe.

"Hello, Ridor. Doing great?" You smiled "Hello mister waiter!"

You were quite popular in the area, everybody knew you. Of course, some people have tried to fuck you over, but thanks to your brother you never fell for their traps. You were the nice and pretty type, it's easy to be jealous of that. You waved at the waiter and sat at the table with your friends.

You guys were having a lovely conversation, complimenting each other's style or makeup and gossiping about boys you think are hot in your grade. "I'm glad you guys like my nails! I think I might go with black next! Wanna try something different. I always choose pastel colors. But I-" "Kisaki..."

You turned around, upset that you got cut off. "Hey, she was talking! Don't you know about not cutting others when they talk?!- Eek! You're all beaten up!" You gestured to your friends to calm down and that it was okay. You just wanted to know what that beaten boy wanted. "That would be me." You gave your entire attention to the boy.

"Well.." he bowed and handed you a torn piece of paper with a little bit of blood on it. "Someone... Asked me to give you this." You and your friends looked confused before disgust could be visible on their faces. You smiled awkwardly at the boy and slowly took the paper. "Thank you..." The boy nodded at you and ran out of the cafe.

"He didn't even come here for a coffee..." "Ew, Ridor! You really took that?!" "Girl, throw it away. It's probably a love letter from a delinquent." "Ooh! But if it's a love letter, we should read it all together~" your friends were making fun of you. You were about to yell at them when the waiter came with your orders. "Here you go, ladies."

You looked at the paper before putting it in your pocket. When you did that, you felt the judgmental look of one of your friends fixated on you. You'll read the note after this hangout, to not risk being humiliated and read out loud to your friend group.

Outside the cafe, after your friends left, you took the bloody piece of paper and read what was written on it. "Ola, Ridor! It's your favorite boy, Shuji! Meet me in front of your house. Be with me while I run away from the police and let's eat ice-cream ♡︎ Kiss kiss, Hanma." You grinned and put the paper back in your pocket. The handwriting was a disaster.

When you stepped on your porch, someone jumped in front of you "BOO!" You squealed and almost fell down the little stairs behind you. Luckily, the scary ghost grabbed your hand before you could hurt yourself.

"Hanma!!" You stomped your feet and glared at the male. He giggled "Enough with the talking, let's get outta here~ Last one at the playground pays for the whole date!♡︎'' and with that, your friendly delinquent rushed down the stairs. You looked at him and he looked at you, taunting you before running off to the playground.

"Seriously! That shit is, like, ten minutes away from here! Running for ten minutes?? Ugh!" You ran down the stairs before chasing the half blond male "HANMA SHUJI! COME HERE THIS INSTANT!"

This disdainful zombie made you run a full marathon. You didn't even know why, but the fucker thought it would be a good idea to invite you to an ice-cream date in WINTER.