Prologue

The scene shifts to a nice suburban house in a neighborhood that was outside the city of Huntsville. It was 6:30 AM, early in the morning. Outside the driveway of the house, an adult female wolf with golden tan fur and emerald green eyes wearing a military uniform was loading luggage into the trunk of a SUV. This was Silvia Wolf, the newly hired petty officer who was scheduled to be deployed to work overseas for six years after she got accepted for a job in the military. After closing the trunk of the vehicle, she turned around to face the house and called out, "Boys! Let's do this!"

Inside the house, a twelve year old black wolf with light brown eyes wearing a grey leather jacket that has a blue short sleeve shirt with a thick orange stripe on top and a short length thick light blue stripe underneath it, tan jean pants, and orange-brown slip-on tennis shoes with no laces was putting his things inside a backpack in his room. One by one, he packed comic books, a case full of a collection of die-cast metal cars, and a sketchbook. He was named Ethan. He grabbed a pair of sunglasses and tried them on, smirking at his reflection in the mirror. His room was filled with toys and posters of cars, movie monsters, science fiction, ninjas, dragons, space, and secret agent spies.

Then, there was a knock on the door. "Ethan?" Silvia asked through the door. Not hearing a response, she proceeded to enter her eldest son's bedroom when she opened the door and smirked with a chuckle when she saw him playing around. "What do think you are you doing, Mister?" She asked before taking the sunglasses off his face, putting it in a glasses case and then getting it in his backpack. "Let's go. Come on, your flight's in two hours." She told him as she began counting the stuff he had picked to take with him.

Ethan turned around to look at his mother and said, "Mom, the Huntsville International Airport is only fifteen minutes away and twenty-three if it counts as traffic."

"How many minutes will it take for you to get that fluffy tail of yours in the van?" Silvia asked while she smiled at her son, who smiled back at her. "Hmm? How many are those, huh?" She asked with a chuckle as she put a black baseball cap on Ethan's head.

Ethan laughed as he smiled brightly as he grabbed his one strapped backpack and put it on his back after zipping it closed. "Is my skateboard still in my luggage?" He asked his mother while they walk out of the room together. He saw his mother nodding her head for yes.

Ethan was charging out the front door of the house a minute later and ran obliviously past his grandfather, a reddish brown colored wolf with teal eyes and a tint of gray on his chin and the tips of his ears wearing a tan casual stand collar long sleeve sweater, dark shaded colored jeans, black shoes, and glasses on his face. That was Jethro Wolf, the father of Silvia.

"Where's your brother at, kiddo?" Jethro asked.

Ethan paused and turned around to look at his grandfather. "I don't know. I thought he was with you." He said to him.

"No. I think he's still packing his things up in his room. Do you think you can go and check on him?" Jethro said to his eldest grandson.

Ethan nodded his head and said, "Yes, sir." He ran back inside the house to find his brother.

Back inside the house, there was another bedroom full of toys and posters of superheroes, dinosaurs, video games characters, robots, and pirates. There, an eight year old white wolf with blue eyes wearing a a dark aquamarine long sleeved shirt with a gray short sleeved shirt over it, blue jean pants, and white tennis shoes with Velcro straps was wearing red headphones while playing a game on a light blue laptop. He was called Cole.

Ethan walked into his brother's room and he tried to get his attention. "Cole... Cole... Cole?!" He said. When he didn't get a response, he grabbed Cole's headphones and took them off him, which made his brother turn his attention to him. "Cole!" Ethan said again.

"What?" Cole asked, surprised to see his older brother being here in his room.

"It's almost time for us to leave for the airport. Remember?" Ethan replied. He refreshed his brother's memory by saying, "Mom got accepted into working for the military two days ago. And she's scheduled to deploy to work overseas at 11:30 AM. So, she and granddad are taking us to the airport to be dropped off for our flight to LA, where we'll be staying with Uncle Wolf."

Cole got excited as he now realized that. "Oh, yeah!" He said, removing his headphones and then turned off his laptop before closing it. He put them in his two strapped backpack before he zipped it up to close it. Then, he grabbed his blue baseball cap and put it on his head. "Let's go!" He said with excitement.

The two boys started to race each other out of the room, going through the hallway and then down the stairs. They both came charging out the front door of the house and ran to the van as their grandfather started up the engine. Then, the four wolves got into the van.

The scene shifts to the Huntsville International Airport. Jethro and Silvia were saying goodbye to Ethan and Cole at the gate to get on the plane.

Jethro was going over the plane ticket with the boys. "Everything right on there?" He asked.

"Yes, sir." The boys said in unison while nodding their heads

Silvia looked at her sons with a smile. "You two are gonna have so much fun." She said to them.

The boys both hugged their mother, which she happily returned the gesture. The hug lasts for about a minute.

Silvia then handed two tickets to Ethan. "Can you hold these, please? I need you to take care of these." She said.

"Yes, ma'am." Ethan accepted them and kept them safe in the pocket of his leather jacket.

"All right." Silvia said to her sons, telling them something important before they leave. "Take care of each other and look after each other. You can always video call me on the laptop whenever you need to. And remember, if something happens that causes a change of plans, you ask someone else who is kind enough to watch over you two." She told them.

Ethan nodded his head and Cole smiled.

"Did you already let your brother know about this?" Jethro asked, looking at Silvia.

Silvia nodded her head. "He called me this morning and said he happily accepted the offer. Wrote a letter to him, telling him all about it." She said before looking over at her sons. "I better get going. Love you so much." She said to the boys.

"Love you too." The boys said to their mom before hugging her.

Jethro smiled before he said, "Now, you boys better go on ahead or else you'll miss your flight."

"Come on, let's go." Ethan said to Cole as the two boys already had their backpacks and roll-along luggages with them. They both walked beside each other as they made their way through the gate to get to their plane.

"Bye, guys." Silvia said.

The boys head outside the building and walked over to a bus that will take them to the plane. They both wave goodbye to their mother and grandfather as they got on the bus.

The scene shifts to the plane. The boys got off the bus and head on board the plane that will take them to Atlanta first. Ethan gave the flight attendant the two boarding passes as he and Cole got to their seats. Soon enough, the plane started to take off into the air.