first day

I head to the edge of my driveway where my bus stop is. I stand there and I look around. I look up first to the sky and then go the trees, the grass and everything in between. It just astounds me that there is a God who created not only us but everything around us. I next look across the road at my neighbor Clarice's house. She's a nice, elderly Christian lady who my family goes to church with. Our church is just right up the road from our house. We go to Arnold Quest Baptist Church. It's a small town everyone knows everyone type of church. Our pastor is Mark Edins. He and his wife Tammy have been there since I was a wee thing. They have a son but he's off at college right now. He's at the University of Virginia majoring in political science. I next look back to my own house and just realize how blessed I am. God gave me two God-fearing parents who have provided me with everything I've needed and more.

     The next thing I'm looking at is the big yellow bus rounding the bend. I'm grateful that we have a bus driver and a piece of equipment such as a school bus to get us to school. I hear the break and soon the doors open, I get on and say good morning to the bus driver. Debbie Hernias is our bus driver. She's a middle aged lady and isn't a Christian. I've been praying for her salvation. I know that God can work in extraordinary ways. I take my seat near the front of the bus. It's super nice and peaceful. I reach into my backpack and I pull out my bible. I like to keep it on me because it comforts me to know that I have God's word in every situation. I chose to read Psalms 23. I've read it before but it's always nice to be reminded of what God tells us. I love verse one. It's just one of my personal favorites. " The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. " God reminds us that he will look after us and the crazy thing is that he would leave the ninety-nine to come find us. Now if that isn't something truly mind-blowing about God, I don't know what is. I enjoy this passage and taking it in.

     Before I know it, I hear the bus doors open and look out the window. I soon realize that we're at school. Old Primitive High School is one that has a big building but only 400 kids. It's a red brick building with a luscious looking lawn out front and four stories. Before I came here, there used to be some separate buildings but since then, they've been combined. I get off the bus and head to the front office. It's on the bottom story of the school. I head there to get my schedule and then I go to the auxiliary gym to sit down until the dismissal bell rings to go to homeroom. I am minding my own business when all of a sudden, I hear a scream. I look around, slightly confused, until I realize who it is. It's my friend Charisma. She's been my friend since the beginning. She's a brunette, about 5'10", and she's so pretty. She has blue eyes and she's a Christian just like I am. She plays volleyball and is the right-side hitter. I am a long distance runner for our track team.

     " Charisma, it's so nice to see you. You look nice as always", I say to her. "Aww girl! Thank you so much. One thing I've learned is to definitely pride myself on my appearance and glorify God through it," she says to me. " You never disappoint. " In the middle of our conversation, the dismissal bell rings and we're off to homeroom. We don't have the same homeroom. They separate us by last name and since mine is Connelly and her's is Zorro, we're nowhere near each other. Charisma heads up to Mr. Grass's room which is right above the office. Mr Grass teaches biology for the sophomores. I head to Mrs. Crist who teaches U.S. Studies for the freshmen. She's on the same floor as the office. I walk in and instantly greet her. " Good morning, Mrs. Crist." " Good morning Elizabeth," said Mrs. Crist. Are you ready for sophomore year to get started? " Yes ma'am, I'm really excited to see my friends and also the teachers I ges close to as a freshman. Are you excited to have your new group of freshmen?" Yes I am Elizabeth. I really think this years freshmen  will be a good bunch." " Yay, I'm so glad to hear that Mrs. Crist. " I'm going to go ahead and take my seat. " " Ok, that sounds good. "

     I take my seat near the back of the room. I've never really liked sitting up front because it just makes me nervous. I sit there for a few minutes just looking around her room and seeing if she changed up anything from last year. I don't see anything different. She still has all the paintings she's painted on a shelf and along the white board on the left wall. On the other side of her room, she has a white board and she has some computers. The desks for her students are on between. Soon enough my friend Cassandra walks in. She goes to church with Charisma and I. Cassandra looks around curiously and when she notices me a lightbulb goes off.  She starts to make her way to me and sits in the desk next to mine. Cassandra is about as tall as me. She's only 5'2". She has long red hair and the prettiest hazel eyes. Cassandra says," Hey Elizabeth, how have you been?" I say," I've been good. I couldn't feel more blessed. How have you been?" Cassandra says," Oh good, I'm so glad to hear that. More people pour into the room and Mrs. Crist decides to take roll. She goes through the list name by name until she hits the bottom. After this, the bell rings and we're all off to our first class.

...................................................................................

Well, that's chapter number two! Thank you so much for reading so far! Feel free to let me know your thoughts in the comments.