(4)

Nighttime. Michelle was outside, more specifically - on the streets of Gotham. She was wandering around aimlessly, trying to find her purpose. The people of Jump City have banished her out of town. She could never return for her crimes. Only the people of Gotham could welcome her with open arms. She belonged there, among the outcasts, weirdos and psychopaths. The girl didn't remember much. There was no sign of her father, her team, her family... They all seemed to be gone. Actually... there really wasn't anyone on the streets, either. It almost seemed like the city is dead, abandoned. She sighed softly and her warm breath turned into white smoke that quickly vanished away. It was cold.

She remembered that Robin's father lives somewhere here so she attempted to find a way so as she knew exactly where she needs to go to get there. It was strange because she has never been to Gotham before, nor seen Batman. Robin never spoke of him much and when he finally did - he did it sparingly with words and in a lower tone. As a child, it made her feel dreadful about her "grandfather". She expected him not to be such a good person. In that situation though, she felt like she has nobody to turn to other than him. The bloodline wasn't important, however being very closely connected to his adopted son could lead to acceptance from him.

She looked down at her communicator and grabbed it to scroll through the contacts. Nobody was listed. Suddenly, she heard steps approaching her from behind. The wind whistled in her ears. She hid her communicator and turned around to see her enemy. Slade himself yet his one last eye was glowing bright red.

- I've come for you - he groaned lazily.

- You're dead. And I don't believe in ghosts - she stood still with pride. - Get lost - she hissed through her teeth and turned away to keep moving forward.

- You can't ignore me forever, Michelle - he followed her.

- It's rather difficult to ignore you, actually... - she said to herself, almost whispering while rolling her eyes. - Give me 1 good reason why I shouldn't and I'll think about it.

- I'm the embodiment of your darkest secret, of your deepest trauma and the demons that crawl under your bed and wait for you to stay alone - he dragged his feet behind slightly as he came over. - And I'm going to follow you for the rest of your miserable life - he looked her deeply in the eyes and started coughing.

Michelle noticed a bullet hole in his forehead, very close to the center yet still slightly to the left. As he was coughing, the hole started filling up with a scarlet-colored liquid which then dripped down his face. The coughing never ended, it only became more exaggerated. Her eyes widened and heart froze for a moment in shock. She took a few steps back and grabbed her gun from the pocket on her belt to be prepared in case something happens. Slade stood in place yet the background got louder all of the sudden. Kids were crying and running away to hide or to return home to their parents, men took ahold of some knives they had available and threatened Michelle to go away. Women approached policemen and were pointing fingers at her while yelling and sobbing and dogs were barking at her with significant aggression.

A few even bit her ankles and tugged at the leg. She tried to kick them away out of fear but that only infuriated people who owned them. Sirens from police cars were ringing in her head, causing it to ache slightly.

- Sir, it's that girl with a gun! - yelled out a clearly terrified woman, holding on to her crying toddler.

- She's going to kill us all! Come on, do something! - an older man spoke up to make the policemen move.

Myth blinked in confusion and panic, trying to understand the situation.

- Guys, I promise I didn't mean to! You have to believe me! - the girl started yelling back desperately.