Chapter 7 - Mike

The harder I try to concentrate on my form, the more my shorts begin to tent at an embarrassingly fast rate with each squat. My cock keeps getting harder every time I think about Dylan sprawled out on his bed last night. His rosy cheeks and his soft little moans. I couldn't get enough of it, not then and not now. Spurning him faster and faster before we were both cumming.

Fuck, I stand up, placing the bar back on the rack. It's pointless to continue at this rate. The burn in my muscles isn't helping me to calm down like it usually would. My cock is rock solid, and I don't even remember what set I'm on anymore. Groaning, I step away from the rack to pick up my towel and water. Holding the towel in front of my groin, I awkwardly walk back to the changing rooms. Thankfully it's empty, and nobody has to see my raging boner as I sit down on the bench.

What really eats away at me is his green eyes, twinkling with moisture under the glare of the tv screen, him all alone on his rumpled bed, completely naked, while I race out of there. Why did I do that? I'm a fucking dick, that's why. So caught up in my own wants and needs that I didn't even consider his feelings. What if he hates me for bolting out of there without an explanation? It's not like I hated it. How could I after my cock burst like a geyser? The more I thought about it, staring up at my dark ceiling, the more sure I became.

I wanted it.

I'd wanted him.

There was no denying that, and my currently hard cock could attest to it. I should have turned back and talked to him, but I was such a coward that I drove straight home without looking back.

"Fuck," I toss the fisted towel at the lockers in front of me. I clench my jaw and stand up, glaring down at my discarded towel. I need to cool off.

Fifteen minutes later, after one cold shower and enough time for my boner to go down, I exit the gym staring at the ground. I need to figure out how to approach Dylan. The heavy gym door closes behind me, and I pause as I step off the curb into the parking lot.

Rachel is leaning against the door of my truck. Her blonde hair and makeup are perfect, as usual. Shit, I'd forgotten all about texting her yesterday.

Guilt slams through me, not for betraying her trust and fooling around with Dylan, but instead, I hate that I didn't make it clear to Dylan how I felt about Rachel before I kissed him last night. I wouldn't take it personally if he thinks I'm a player now. I basically used him for my own needs without clarifying the situation. Shame washes over me, making the protein powder I'd just drank curdle in my stomach. I really should have stayed.

"Hey, handsome," Rachel says as I approach.

"What are you doing here?" I wish I'd remembered to text her back yesterday because I should have known she'd figure out a way to corner me. She always does.

"What, I can't come and see my boyfriend after his workout?" I go for the door handle, but she takes it as an opportunity to press herself against me. My jaw flexes. I used to feel excited when a girl with big tits pressed herself against me, but now I don't feel anything. In fact, the moment she weaves her arms up around my neck, I want to shove her away.

"Rachel," I say instead and carefully peel her off me.

She doesn't take the hint and flattens her palms against my chest, trying to maneuver our bodies closer. I grit my teeth together.

"I was thinking about you last night." She purrs. "Why didn't you message me back?"

I picture Dylan sitting beside me on his bed. "I was busy with work."

"On a Friday night?" She looks confused, like I could have been doing something better with my time instead of working. "You could have come out with me and the girls to the club."

"You know, I don't like going to the club." I tighten one of my hands around the gym bag hanging from my shoulder. Trying to ignore her wandering hands. "Listen, Rachel—"

She cuts me off by rising up onto her toes. "Well, I can think of a few other things we could have done." She moves to kiss me, and my whole body revolts.

I push her back, reining in my strength at the last second. She stumbles back but doesn't fall. The thought of her overwriting the kiss I shared with Dylan makes my heart hammer in my chest. That can't happen, ever.

"What the fuck Mike!" She glowers at me, that little mark between her brow that she hates evident. She's pissed. "You're not still trying to fake being impotent, are you? I get it you needed your space, and I thought I gave that to you. Why are you being such a jerk?"

Months of unresolved anger bubble forth. Was she always like this, so selfish? She knows for a fact I've been seeing a doctor and a therapist about it. Dylan pops back into my head, and a little of my anger subsides. He'd been eager to help, not judging me for my defaults. It wasn't till yesterday, did I finally manage to sustain a boner till climax. No amount of talking or self-technique had worked. Only Dylan's honest reactions and shy smile. A warm, tender feeling fills my heart.

Do I like Dylan?

"You know what, Rachel, I think it's time we finally broke up for good." I want to say more, but I know she'll turn it around and throw it in my face like I'm the one at fault. And maybe I am for dragging on this toxic relationship. But the sooner I can end this conversation, the better.

Her face reddens under her thick makeup. "Fine, asshole!" She storms off across the parking lot and disappears around the corner. Probably off to bitch at one of her friends about me. It wouldn't be the first time I'd caught her doing that.

The moment she's gone, this heavy weight that's been pressing into me finally alleviates some of the pressure I've been feeling over the past year. I stare at the pavement in disbelief for a moment before a smile starts to creep up my face. Shit, I can't remember the last time I'd felt this free and light. Maybe I should have broken it off with her sooner.

Pulling open the truck door, I shove my bag onto the passenger seat and get in. I'm eagerly fishing for my phone in my pocket. I make quick work of deleting and blocking any further contact with Rachel. I'm pulling up the conversation between Dylan and me but pause. This isn't how I want to tell him. He's worth more than a brief text and a lame-ass apology. I'll be seeing him tonight at the game launch. It's not exactly private, but I can wait till everyone leaves. Granted, he decides to show up.