𝙰 𝙱𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝙲𝚊𝚗𝚟𝚊𝚜

Summary:
Growing up, Michellee wasn't always the confident person she is today; for she was often put under a lot of pressure by her parents, specifically her mother. But at the age of fifteen and trying to get her life together, Michellee finally snaps.
-

In the world of Seuss, Meepville City is a prized jewel, having a population of over a thousand and many tourist attractions; it was no wonder everyone wanted to live in the big city.

But at Meepville High, we focus on one individual; a young fifteen-year-old girl wearing a purple ruffle hem dress and brown curly hair held by a headband that reached to the back of her neck, otherwise known as Michellee Weebie.

When many looked at Michellee Weebie, they saw the perfect child. In addition to her excellent grades and looks, her family was decently well-off financially.

Despite all the praise, Michellee felt trapped as can be.

That all came for her mother, Margaret Weebie. A headstrong woman with a strong belief that her way was always the right one.

Due to that reason, Michellee didn't exactly have any choice in what she wanted and would often be criticized if her choice didn't meet her mother's standards.

Her father, Charles, was the complete opposite of her mother and instead brought a comforting warmth into the household.

It makes one wonder how these two individuals ever found each other but that was mainly due to their marriage being more out of obligation.

Michellee's father was a big manufacturer in a trading company and was a well-known figure in the community. Michellee's mother had been a seamstress and they both met when Michellee's father needed his suit tailored. They became really close friends after that and soon figured that marriage was the next step in their relationship.

Still, her parents seemed to care for each other, even if it was not the same level of affection other couples had.

The only problem was that while Michellee's father was compassionate at heart, he was a bit of a push over when it came to Michellee's mother and her controlling habits.

Michellee loved her father, but he had a naive idea of what her mother claimed 'was the best for their daughter's wellbeing.'

The little friends Michellee had would often encourage her to forget about her mother's overbearing nature and let loose for once.

But in some strange way, Michellee couldn't find herself doing it, as she had worked very hard to receive her mother's approval in the first place. Besides, it wasn't as if Michellee followed her mother's every whim, as the pair would often bicker.

It also didn't mean Michellee wouldn't allow herself to take pride in her interest in art.

Ever since she was a child, Michellee had found herself drawn to painting. As she continued to improve, Michellee's art teachers would often encourage her to consider a career in the arts, as she clearly had talent.

Michellee knew she could do more in painting, but there was one person in her way, her mother.

Margaret had never taken interest in what Michellee wanted, her only goal was to make sure her daughter had a stable job, along with a suitable husband. Which was just her mother being a hypocrite in Michellee's opinion, as she had once been a part of a similar craft.

Because of this, Michellee knew her mother would never support her dream of becoming an artist and would shoot the idea down on the spot.

But Michellee knew her father would listen to reason as he has always encouraged her in the past.