| EP 18 | Expertise

The gentle hum of engines can be heard reverberating through the street, as numerous cars, trucks and other vehicles make their way to their respective destinations. It is a peaceful yet bustling scene, a reminder of the hustle and bustle of everyday life. It's a never-ending stream.

Not just the road, but the sidewalk is also filled with people. Some people are chatting, some are passing by, and perhaps some are healing in the middle of town. Because it cannot be denied, Kota Hilir is indeed a beautiful town.

Boboiboy sighed as he looked around his hometown, not much had changed, but he felt isolated. He couldn't help but feel a sense of loneliness in his chest. Maybe because he was used to being accompanied by his friends when he was on Pulau Rintis and now he was alone.

Amato went out early this morning too, and when he asked, he always said, "Nothing to worry about." and then apologised for not being able to accompany him today.

He sighed again, "Dad is dad... no matter what age he is..." he muttered under his breath. It's not that he doesn't understand, Boboiboy knows Amato is busy because of the incident in the forest before.

But he is really curious about it and desperately wants to know. Who's the enemy? What's he planning? Even if it has nothing to do with him, he wants to know. Being a superhero makes him worried and curious about every accident that happens around him. But Amato didn't want to tell him, and he felt annoyed about it.

Boboiboy then headed to one of the benches facing Sungai Hilir after he left the busy town centre. He put a plastic bag in his hand next to him as he sat down. He was on his way home after buying some stuff for his robot idea. For money, he borrowed it from Amato.

"I should go see Pian... how is he..." Boboiboy said to no one. He was worried about him, but he couldn't find himself to do that as he always has the thought that he might bother him.

Boboiboy's mind drifted to old memories, he doesn't remember much about Uncle Pian since he was still a kid and rarely saw him. However, he does have some memories of him, even Uncle Pian rarely visits them, but sometimes his dad would take him along when he went to Uncle Pian's place. What he remembers the most about Uncle Pian is his warm, smiling face when he looked at him. He loves to tell him a story too, maybe his reaction is enjoyable to them, ha? He thought.

"I think... I don't remember much what he looks like..." Boboiboy admitted, it was a vague memory to him, but he thinks that, he would probably recognise him if they met.

It's quite funny, isn't it? He remembers Uncle Pian's face when he was young more than his adult face, maybe because he always saw pictures of them when they were young more, as it hung on the wall of his old house.

"Dad has good friends." He monologues, and so does he, "What's everyone doing..." he muttered as he thought about his friends.

Boboiboy's gaze slowly faded and became empty as he stared at the flowing river. He was too comfortable being here and he doesn't want to end it yet.

"Ochobot..." he called and lowered his head. He needs to be slapped with Ochobot's words for him to come back to his senses. Because right now, his desire to be here is greater than his desire to return home.

Here, he can feel what it's like to have a complete family, he can eat mother's cooking every day and every time, a dinner that will never be lonely again. Tok Aba is healthy, always energetic and always smiling with an endless joke. A warm home to return to.

Shouldn't he feel jealous of his dad for having them? It's not fair. His dad had everything he didn't have and wasn't his dad the one who took that everything from him? If only he wasn't busy...