Hello, Justin....

Cady walks out of the huge middle school laughing with a boy with black hair. She spots a gray Honda civic before the school.

"Oh! That's my car. See you, Justin!"

"Actually... Can I go to your house? My parents won't be home for the week and I don't want to be home alone."

"Sure! Come on!" Justin follows Cady to her car and she gets in the front seat and he gets in the back.

"Hello, Cady! How was school?" The sound of a robotic voice scares Justin.

"It was good! That's Justin."

"Is he a friend?"

"No actually. My boyfriend." M3gan stops right as she was going for the wheel.

"M3gan?"

"I'm fine Cady. Just shocked." She drives home and parks the car in the driveway next to the now-empty house.

"Is Gemma still working?" M3gan nods her head as they enter the house. "Do you have to go back to testing?"

"No. I finished my last few tests this morning. Mrs. Lydia also requested that you have your session tomorrow instead of Thursday since something came up." Cady groans.

"I don't want to see Lydia!"

"I know. I'll be there next to you so don't worry too much about it." M3gan leaves to the kitchen and the 2 sit on the couch.

"So... M3gan is your mom or something?" Justin asks.

"Sorta. Gemma calls her 'M3gan'."

"Does it have some sort of hidden meaning?"

"Model 3 Generative Android. M3gan for short."

"So she's a robot."

"Yeah. We've been together for a long time. She always keeps me safe and takes care of my when my auntie can't!"

"What about your parents?" Cady doesn't answer. She looks down and sighs.

"Her parents aren't alive anymore." M3gan comes back with a plate of snacks and places it on the coffee table.

"O-oh... I'm sorry for asking..."

"It's okay." Cady lays her head on M3gan's shoulder while M3gan pats her back.

"So... You're Justin?"

"Yes."

"How old are you?"

"16."

"Where are you from?"

"I'm from here." M3gan narrows her eyes.

"Are you nervous?" Justin tenses up and M3gan nods. "I see. Do you have anything you want to ask me?"

"W-well... Not r-really." M3gan pauses and asks.

"Are you sure?" Her eyes staring into his while she scans him.

Anxiety 98
Nervousness 76
Confusion 88-89
Fright 72

"Calm down. I won't do anything to you." M3gan pats his shoulder. The cold but soft silicone relaxes him a little. "Your safe whenever you're here." The tilt of her head and little smile makes him feel safer already.

"C-can I stay here for a while? My parents won't be home for the week and I don't want to be alone." M3gan smiles.

"I don't mind. We have a guest room you can go to." She stands up and leads him to the guest room.

WORD COUNT: 482