What Are You Doing?

"Thank you for letting me stay, M3gan. I really appreciate it." M3gan nods and starts to walk out of the room. Justin grabs her shoulder.

"By the way, did Cady's aunt agree?" He asked. M3gan pauses before speaking.

"She has no control over what Cady does anymore." M3gan leaves, and Justin is left with his confused thoughts. Anymore? Does that mean she had them before? Why doesn't she now?

"Dinners in 10." M3gan's voice faded down the hall. Justin sits on his bed and grabs his phone to make a call.

Ringing...

Ringing...

Rin-

"Hello?" A female voice asks.

"It's me, Trisha. Listen, about this 'job' , I think it's going to get a little harder."

"Why do you say that? It should be easy to get a girl who lives alone."

"It's because she doesn't live alone. She lives with her aunt and a self-aware Android."

"Oh... Well, how about you get the you get the aunt, I get the doll, and we both get the girl?"

M3gan on the other side of the door seems slightly shocked, but not surprised. If she has to kill 2 more people to ensure Cady's safety, she'll do it. She knocks on the door to make it seem like she just came up there.

"Dinners ready."

"I'll be down in a sec!" Justin says back, and under his breath, he says, "I'll call you back later." M3gan narrows her eyes as she walks downstairs.

Cady picks at her food while she stares at Justin, who is looking back at her.

"Cady. Don't let Justin keep you from eating, okay?" M3gan interrupts. Cady looks down at the spaghetti and takes a fork full of it. M3gan sighs.

"If you're done, put it on the counter and go to bed. I'll clean it up." Cady groans and stands up, taking her plate to the kitchen. Justin follows her actions but stops once he hears the door open and close.

"Hello, Gemma."

"H-hello M3g-gan."

"How was work today?" M3gan walks towards her.

"G-good." M3gan touches her head.

"There's no reason to be nervous. Just get to your office without Cady hearing, and you'll be fine!" M3gan steps out of her way, and Gemma runs to her office, not bothering with greetings when she sees Justin.

"Goodnight, Justin. See you in the morning." M3gan goes to the kitchen and cleans up.

"Yea... See you in the morning, M3gan."

WORD COUNT: 408