Chapter 2

I don't remember blood. I see my hand covered in red, gushy, thick blood. How did.. It just accured to me that I wasn't in the moving truck, but on the low, flat grass. My vision is blurry as I look around. Attempting to get up I fall flat onto the ground again. Every part of my body was sore, was this a dream? But then another thing occurred, I don't dream. Yes that may sound dark, but something to do with my powers causes me to not dream, or something like that.

As I finally process what happened, a car crash, I get up with all my effort and look around at the destruction. Did I cause this?

I look up and see a vast freeway with red, blue, and white flashing lights illuminating the navy blue starry night. I ignore it and search for my family.

As I see the tipped, spilled open, moving truck I felt like crying. Maybe this was me. People, my people got hurt because of me. I wanted to run away and never return, but I didn't want to leave them here. What if there was still time?

This time it's more of a fast walk to the truck, I noticed my hair was slightly glowing when I passed the shiny rim. It look like it was under a blacklight and the purple was florescent.

As I walk up near the passenger side all I see is blood, blood, and more blood. It was a nightmare. My knees were so weak from all the pain that I fell to the ground, I put my hands over my face, because my parents were definitely dead. All because of me.

I wanted to do something, but there was nothing I could do. They were painted cherry red, and some limbs were missing and so was one more person. Katlin!

A war started inside of me, the "There is still hope, and she might be alive" side versus the "If you find her, you're probably going to be too late" side. Luckily the "There is still hope, and she might be alive" side won, but you never know when the negative side would punch back.

After a short 3 minutes I finally found a body laying down.
"Katlin!" I shout, but I doubt she could've heard me. I get on my knees next to her and shake her yet unconscious body and keep yelling her name, having hope that she would wake up.

I look up and see men in suits with gears and gadgets. They spotted me and started running. My panick level probably blew it's top this time, because I recognized the men and they where headed this way.

"Huh... What? " I heard Katlin say weakly as she arose from the ground.
I looked down hesitantly and hugged her,
"I'll explain later, but for now, we need to leave" I say dead serious looking right into her eyes.
"Alright" she says trying to be brave, but I can see it in her eyes, she's afraid.
As we both got up we heard voices, I looked up and saw many police men surrounding a half-circle around us.

"Put your hands on your head and get on the ground. Before I shoot!", I heard one of them say. Katlin did not hesitate to do this, she was to scared to defend her ground.
I slowly got down. Ready to use my powers for the first time in 12 years (infant: blowing up a hospital).
As I'm on my knees I slowly raise my hand, ready to blast, but I wasn't quite sure.
As I did this I hear a gun click and I want to explain everything, but the right words wouldn't come to me.

"Hey look w-" I was cut off by the same and only police talking.
"YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT " he shouted.
I got so scared that a blast of neon hit 3 cops

I pulled Katlin up, hoping the smoke could block us out.
I did it! I actually did it!
Dawn breaks as we run towards the light never looking back. And before you know it...Utah