🍁 Nine : Genevieve's Therapy

GENEVIEVE'S THERAPY

GENEVIEVE'S THERAPY

Genevieve sat across from Doctor Zara, her mind heavy with unresolved fears and unsettling experiences. 

The air in the room felt tense, despite Doctor Zara's attempts to create a calming atmosphere.

"I can see you're doing better, Evie. I see you brighter this morning than I did when I first met you. How are you?" Doctor Zara's voice was gentle, her eyes filled with genuine concern.

Genevieve shifted uncomfortably in her seat, the weight of her thoughts pressing down on her. "I'm good, but I still don't know," she admitted, her voice tinged with uncertainty.

Doctor Zara leaned forward, her expression encouraging. "How do you say that you don't know, Evie? Tell me, what is it?"

Genevieve hesitated, her gaze flickering to the floor before meeting Doctor Zara's eyes again. "I just keep seeing things."

"In what way are you not aware of any changes in yourself?" Doctor Zara probed gently, her tone inviting Genevieve to open up.

"I thought that moving out of our previous apartment would help me avoid seeing strange things. But I was wrong," Genevieve confessed, her voice barely above a whisper. "I met a little boy in my house again, and then I saw an old man in our neighborhood recently. He seems unwelcome to me."

Doctor Zara listened intently, nodding as Genevieve spoke. "And how do these encounters make you feel?"

Genevieve paused, searching for the right words to convey her emotions. "Scared. Confused. Alone," she finally admitted, her voice trembling with vulnerability.

Doctor Zara reached out a comforting hand, her eyes filled with compassion. "I understand, Evie. It's important to talk about these experiences, even if they're difficult to discuss."

Genevieve nodded, grateful for Doctor Zara's understanding. "I told my husband I wanted to discontinue this treatment because I was afraid of making myself even worse," she confessed, her voice tinged with regret.

Doctor Zara's expression softened, her tone gentle yet firm. "Evie, it's far too early to say goodbye. Your condition is still in monitoring, and quitting therapy now could have serious consequences."

Genevieve shook her head, her resolve unwavering. "I know what's best for me, Doctor Zara. And right now, I need to take a different path."

Doctor Zara sighed, her eyes reflecting a mixture of concern and understanding. "I won't force you to continue if you're not ready. But please remember that I'm here to help you, whenever you're ready to reach out."

As Genevieve gathered her belongings and made her way to the door, Doctor Zara's voice followed her, filled with empathy and compassion. "Evie, please know that you're not alone. I'm here for you, whenever you need me."

Genevieve paused, her hand on the doorknob, before turning back to Doctor Zara with a small, grateful smile. "Thank you, Doctor Zara. For everything."

With that, Genevieve stepped out of the office, feeling a sense of relief and uncertainty wash over her. 

As she made her way home, she knew that the road ahead would be difficult, but she also knew that she wasn't alone in facing her struggles.

End of chapter Nine.