Dirty Floor

"Alright, losers," Jade says as she gets behind her drum set, "you ready or not?"

I pop open the hood of the car and raise a brow at her.

"Uh, no," I turn to grab the tools I need and take off my jean jacket, leaving me in my ribbed, maroon tank top.

"Why not?" Caleb gives me a 'what the fuck' look.

"I'm not singing if he's here," I look down at my tools, not wanting to even risk marking eye contact with Stark.

"Why not?" Tony asks, his tone almost exactly matching that of Caleb's, "I wanna hear you sing. Especially if you're singing Highway to Hell, you know how much I love ACDC."

"Y'all really are perfect aren't you?" Bobby chuckles, grinning at me from where he sits with his guitar, then he looks at Stark, "she's  a major fan, she actually put out band together as a cover band for them at first. She even had Jade tattoo their logo on her lower back. Oh and-"

"Bobbie!" I get his attention, "topsay haringsay osay uchmay boutay emay, leasepay?"

"So is that the raised scar on my back?" Stark looks at me wide eyed, "the color didn't show up on my skin and I couldn't make it out. And there was no way I was gonna ask someone else in the team, they would start asking questions if I did."

"Most likely," I turn back to my tools, "but back on topic; no I will not be singing while he's in here. I've already had enough embarrassment in my life, I don't need more by him hearing me mess up."

"But you never mess up," Caleb counters, "you've had Highway to Hell memorized since you were like eight."

"Six actually," I correct him with a playful grin, "but still."

"You're just worried you'll get flustered with him here," Jade teases.

"No!"

"Then sing," Stark leans against one of the desks, a grin covering his face, "please?"

"No," I go over to the car, "I've- I've gotta work."

"Oh come on," Stark presses, "do I have to get on my knees and beg?"

"Don't," I glare at him.

"I will," he stands up straight and takes a few steps towards me.

"Don't," I repeat, pointing a finger at him.

"Why not?"

"One: this floor is filthy, that suite looks expensive, and you might crease you nice shoes and two: cuz I said so," I narrow my eyes more at him.

"I'm gonna do it," he grins wider, "I'm going to kneel down on this dirty floor, crease my seven hundred dollar shoes, and beg you until you sing for me."

"Anthony Edward Stark," I fully turn to him, "don't you dare."

"Damn," Bobbie laughs out right, "she brought out the full legal name."

"Hot," Caleb nods.

"Agreed," Stark points at him, "I'm still gonna do it though."

"No!"

"Here I go."

I watch as he gets down on his knees, and clasps his hands together in front of his chest.

"Y/n," he looks me dead in the eyes, as I try to suppress a grin of my own, "please sing for me, I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really -"

"Tony!"

"Really want to hear you sing," he finishes, his grin now a cheeky smile.

"If I say yes, will you stand up?"

"Yes."

"Fine," I roll my eyes, "now get up."

"Wait, can we all just bask in the sight of the Tony Stark begging on his knees?" Jade quickly interjects.

"Oh my God," I pinch the bridge of my nose.

I hear Stark chuckle as he gets to his feet.

"Now kiss!" Caleb shouts.

"What?" I turn my head so fast that I swear I broke my neck, "no! We just met!"

"And?" Jade throws her hands up in the air, "I made out with my soulmate the moment I met him."

"That's cuz you were both drunk at a party," I point out.

"A make out at first meet is a make out at meet," she shrugs, "one little kiss ain't nothing."

"Not happening," I turn around and start on the car, "now are we gonna practice or not?"

Bobbie and Caleb get ready after some more of Jade's failed attempts to get me to kiss Stark and we begin practicing.

I slightly head bang as they play the intro to the song before I start.

"Livin' easy, livin' free,
Season ticket, on a one way ride
Asking nothing, leave me be
Taking everything in my stride,
Don't need reason, don't need rhyme
Ain't nothing that I'd rather do."

Tony's POV
I watch as she works on Sam's car as she sings.

She doesn't look like she has a care in the world, like she's free while just being in her element.

"Measurements complete," Friday's voice comes in my ear bud.

Good.

She doesn't look like she'd wear dresses, maybe a suite for formal events and jeans and a leather jacket for casual wear.

I'll order her a whole wardrobe of new clothes, and make her one of my suites, just in case.

The song comes to an end, and I can't help as my ears perk up at the almost moan like sound she adds at the end.

I'd definitely like to hear that again.

I applaud and that seems to bring y/n back down to earth as I watch her cheeks flash a bit before she looks away from me, a large smile still plastered on her face.

I chuckle a bit.

"Not gonna lie," she wipes some grease off of her hands, "forgot you were there for a second."

"Wow," I jokingly press my hand to my chest, "I'm offended. How could you forget me."

I fake wipe a tear from my cheek before a rag hits my face and I hear her laugh.

"Oh shut up," she smiles at me, "I'm not used to anyone being in here while we practice."

"I'm still offended," I grin at her.

She's absolutely perfect.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Waves from afar*
Hi. I know I haven't updated in a while, I'm sorry. I had major writer's block with this one. I hope you like this chapter tho 😅