Dancing Bird

She dances like a bird, moves like a feather, yet as strong as a bull. Dalal plays in the background as she dances around, her movements forming emotions and words that have never been known to the world. She is lost in her own world. It is not a planned dance, but she has been dancing to its tune since forever. Her movements are new but the same in meaning and form, she, only knowing the meaning. The disappearing sun, trying to catch a view of her performance beyond the clouds.

Someone knocks but she cannot hear, Dalal has taken her soul to another dimension. The person comes in, her friend looks on in amusement at the dancing Form, she opens her eyes while still dancing and sees her friend, she laughs but does not stop, knowing that she seems bizarre or even crazy, but she cares less. In fact, she cherishes their puzzlement about her, she lets them know that she is truly different, and she loves it. Dalal ends with an abrupt note, and she is forced out of her inner self. She walks past her friend who continues to watch her with a hint of curiosity. She gets her water bottle, drinking half its content and bends her hair now covered with drips of sweat over a window and pours the contents on her head, the water splashes to the ground.

She must leave now, she knows this, not because it is dark; darkness never stopped her from dancing, but because her friend has arrived to lead her through the city's ruins. The city may glitter with gold, but it is a ruin of the past, only glittering when the sun shines but the darkness unveils it in its true form. She leaves the hidden studio with her friend, wondering if she will have the chance to dance the next time.