~12~Adventures and Morality Coming to a Swift End

Sorry, this took a while. I was doing my normal pretty art, pretty chapter, take sweet time thing trucking along. But then my job was busy breaking labor laws and taking advantage of an 18-year-old college student and sending her into an anxiety-riddled spiral. SPOILER: I'm the 18-year-old college student.

These chapters take longer and longer to get out, but I'm enjoying where the story is going FINALLY. Your Soruy will be coming very VERY soon, ya'll. 

~~~

It's been a month since she finally left the Valley, and Sophie relished the fancy accommodations even though she knew something was amiss. I mean, it's the Senate. When they spoil you, they are feeding you like a pig readying you for their feast. Fattening you up to gut you when you least expect it. It was one of the first lessons she ever learned about her homelands.

But DAMN, Sophie missed baths.

And the perfume, and the dresses, and the marketplaces, and just... her home. She missed every little thing about it.

And she knew her men were happy too. Her Spartans had taken up the old Esposita barracks and training center outside the edge of Inalia. Seeing as Vincenzo wasn't using it anymore for his little mercenary army, and her men were much more worthy of the space if you ask her.

And, of course, her pirate navy had domain over Kephalonia once more alongside her Sirens. They had plenty of space and free reign while still being able to answer to her when need be.

Her assassins were the biggest problem. They all remember like she did. Woke up screaming in their sleep, watching the familiar nightmares of their home going up into flames. The Guildhall was gone. Everblaze licked their house clean of its innards, leaving Sophie sobbing at the precipice of it all.

And the man behind it was still hiding away with his little rebel splinter branch.

Leto. The very man Allesandro named his daughter's guardian, her protector. Her Rastus father.

And the man tried to torch Allesandro's home with Allesandro's daughter still inside. Like all good Rastus fathers do.

Sophie wrung out her hair, stepping out of the small bathhouse and onto the wooden patio.

It was pretty last minute, but Sophie loved the peace she was newly granted. The assassins were given a small clearing on the outskirts of Inalia, right next to Helen's Pass and the Quarry of Rudament. They were given tools, a handful of workers, and told to make what they needed. It was Senator Atlas' idea. The Assassins are a specific and complicated group that needed isolation. Nothing the Senate could've given them would've sated their needs. So they built their own village. It was by no means luxurious, but it felt a lot more like home.

 It was by no means luxurious, but it felt a lot more like home