Chapter 1

I never knew why but it all went the wrong way since our arrival from Canada to Tanja. It was like being born all over again new life new country new school new home new language everything was new . I was so excited to live in the place where I spent all my Summers . I used to go to the beach spend time with my grandparents and play with my cousins , it wasn't big like going to Bali  but it was so good it felt even better.
My parents put me and Samy in this great private school to have a better education especially because we don't speak neither French nor Arabic so we needed all the help we could get to get back on track. The first day of school was terrifying being surrounded by all these rich people wearing Bvlgari glasses driving Mercedes and Audi's and the luxury bags kissing their well dressed kids with polo shirts classy trousers and white trainers it was like I was studying at the White House. When I reach my new class with the help of a teacher I feel like it doesn't deserve the price we pay, plain beige walls a whiteboard and desks with chairs nothing special at all . Mom and dad are Arabs so when they spoke with me I was able to communicate a little bit but I still felt like an outsider. Back home in Toronto I was myself everybody actually do go to school to have fun and learn you things but here it looks like a runway especially with those spoiled rich kids who brag about their new designer shoes they bought in Paris or their summer vacation but it turns into a competition who's stuff is more expensive and countries become old-fashioned. I was so insecure because I had never been to a luxurious place or didn't have designer shoes I completely forgot the purpose of me going to school was to study all I cared about was my looks and appearance.