Chapter 6

John

"John, where are you?" Mycroft asks through the phone, his voice sounding urgent.

"I'm on a case with Sherlock. Why, what's wrong?"

"Get back to Baker Street now. Lestrade and I will meet you there." He says.

"Mycroft? What's happening?" I ask.

I signal to Sherlock that we need to head back to the flat and he informs the driver of the change.

"It appears my brother has a new admirer." Mycroft answers.

"Mycroft. We're on a case because someones daughter was kidnapped and a note was left saying to get Sherlock." I say.

"It would seem my brother has started playing." Mycroft says.

"Playing what? Mycroft, what's happening?" I ask again.

"I'll tell you all of the details when you get to your flat. How far are you?" He says.

Looking out of the window, I look at the surroundings moving past.

"About 5 more minutes."

"Goodbye," Mycroft says, hanging up.

"What's happening?" Sherlock asks, seeing I had put down my mobile.

"I don't know. Your brother has decided to be an as, and not tell me anything. But also tell me vauge details."

"That sounds like Mycroft " Sherlock mutters.

"You have a lovely brother."

"I know." He laughs.

The cab slows to a stop outside of the flat. We pay the driver and go inside.

"Sherlock, your brother and Greg are upstairs. What do they want now?" Mrs. Hudson says as we enter.

"Yeah, we're trying to figure that out too." I say, heading up the stairs.

Sherlock

What's happening? Why did we have to come back to the flat? Why did Mycroft call then not tell us any information? When are Geode and Mycroft coming out?

The important questions flash through my head as I enter the room.

Mycroft was standing against the wall while Lestrade paced around. At the sound of the door, they both look up.

"Good, you're here. Did anyone follow you?" Mycroft immediately asks?

"Wait a moment, why did you have us come back?" I ask.

"Did anyone follow you?" Mycroft repeats.

"Why did we come back?" I ask again.

"Were you followed?" Mycroft says insistently.

"Why did we come back?" I repeat just as insistent, glaring and receiving a glare right back.

Out of the corner of my eye, I can see John and Lestrade share a look that plainly says 'why are we friends with those two idiots?'

I find that offensive.

"You're being hunted again, Sherlock." Lestrade interjects before me and my brother can start again.

"He's what?" John says, his voice going flat and eyes widing slightly in panic.

"I received a message, questioning whether I was 'ready to play a game'. It said that you were already playing." Mycroft explains, giving up being answered.

I was on that case because the kidnapper specifically asked for me. And Mycroft said a game. This is a Moriarty move. But it can't be him. I destroyed his system. I watched him destroy himself.

And now he's come back to destroy me.

I turn quickly, and head down the hallway to my room. The three men call out my name, yet, they receive no answer. I'm not followed.

I land roughly on my sheets, face down to block out everything. The strain of going on this case while being sick catches up to me, sending a strong shiver through my spine and a fit of coughs escape me.

The maniacal weight of my life suddenly comes crashing on my shoulders. My mind becomes overwhelmed with all the thoughts spinning around and my breathing becomes ragged- whether from panic or from being facedown, I don't know.

After a long moment, a flip over, trying to catch my breath. Slowly, my lungs are able to fill and unfill at a normal pace. And although the weight of everything felt too heavy, I felt that I could handle the burden.

I'm sorry, this chapter is shorter. My mind has not been able to stay with me. I'll try to make the next one longer.