Prologue

Prologue

Being an orphan for almost 10 years wasn't the destiny Taehyung wanted to live with. But it seemed he was fated to become one when his parents died in a car accident.

He was just 7 years old at that time and none of his relatives wants to take care of him. His relatives are greedy for his parent's wealth.

He lives on the road after getting kicked out of his parent's house by his aunty, who is supposed to take care of him. Naive Taehyung can't do anything about it because they threw him so far away from his home.

When he was 9, he saw a bunny-like kid crying under the tree. Kid Taehyung went near the kid to check if he was okay.

“Hi” He uttered softly, so the kid won't be scared of him.

The bunny-like kid looked at him with teary doe eyes.

“I'm Tae, and you are?” Taehyung introduced himself to the kid, who seems to be frightened.

The kid didn't respond but sobbed while hugging his knees. Little Taehyung crouched down to level the kid's height.

“I'm 9 years old, how about you?” Taehyung counted his fingers and showed his 8 fingers to the kid.

“That's 8” The bunny-like kid corrected him.

“Oh, sorry, Tae doesn't know.” Taehyung pouted.

“Here's 9” The kid showed him 9 fingers with doe eyes and smile like a bunny because of his front teeth.

“You're a genius” Taehyung sounded amazed to the kid and cutely clapped his little hands.

“Of course, I'm Kookie!” The kid proudly told him.

“Cookie? Is that your name?” Taehyung asked, looking at him.

“No, my name is Jungkook, but mom called me Kookie and I'm 7 years old.” Jungkook replied.

“Where's your mom, Cookie?” Taehyung inquired curiously.

“I don't know”

Jungkook's voice turned into a sad tone, remembering his situation.

“Mom said she'll buy me milk, but she didn't go back. I want mom, I'm scared.” Jungkook sobbed, missing his mother.

Taehyung's little palms cupped Jungkook's cheeks.

“It's okay, Cookie, I don't have my mom too, even dad, but I can protect you.” Taehyung told him while wiping off his tears.

“How?” Jungkook inquired.

“I'm older than you, and Tae is strong too. I'm not afraid of monsters anymore, Tae can do anything now.” Taehyung confidently said and showed posture as if he were flexing his “muscles”.

“Really? You're not scared of monsters? But they see big! Bigger than you!” Jungkook retorted.

“Yes, but Tae can beat them up! So, do you want to come with me, Cookie?” Taehyung stands up and extends his hand to Jungkook to reach.

Jungkook let out a sigh before he accepted Taehyung's hand.

“Okay” Jungkook agreed to Taehyung.

“Come on, follow me! Tae will make you happy!” Taehyung giggled and pulled Jungkook along with him.

The two get along together for 2 years living on the road. They begged to be able to fulfill their hungry stomachs and played a lot since they were still young and naive.

But they were pulled out of the road when the election began and brought to the orphanage. The two were attached to the hips that even the nuns taking care of them failed to separate them for 5 years. Taehyung was 15 years old, while Jungkook was 13 years old at that time.

For some reason, the two have the same height compared to the past 4 years. And Jungkook seems to be growing more than Taehyung, and it was unnoticeable for Taehyung because he treats Jungkook as a baby and Jungkook didn't mind at all. After all, he loves his Hyung so much.

But destiny really loves to play with them when Jungkook's dad finally found out about him and Taehyung was adopted by a rich couple.

“Jungkook, come on, he's your father, he will take care of you. He won't hurt you and will give you anything you want. You have to go with him.”  Jena, one of the volunteers who watched them, grew up together.

“But how about Hyung? I don't want to leave him alone.” Jungkook cried.

“You don't have to worry about Taehyung, he got adopted by a kind couple, and they will take care of him as well.” Jena assured him.

“Can I see Hyung? I want to see him.” Jungkook sobbed.

“Okay, I'll bring you to him, follow me.”

Jena excused Taehyung to the couple who will adopt him and let him talk to Jungkook.

“Hyung” Jungkook hugged Taehyung tightly.

Taehyung hugged Jungkook back and silently sobbed.

“I'm sorry, Hyung, I'm sorry if I'm going to leave you.” Jungkook cried.

Taehyung pulled away from the hugs and looked at Jungkook with a forced smile and teary eyes.

“It's okay, Jungkook, I'm happy that you found your family and someone adopted me too.” Taehyung chuckled bitterly.

“But I don't want to leave you, Hyung. I promised you that I won't leave you, no matter what happens.” Jungkook can't accept the fact that he is going to leave Taehyung, and it hurts him so much.

“We can make new promises, Jungkook.” Taehyung told him.

“What promise, Hyung?” Jungkook looked at him.

“That once we grew up, we will find each other again, and we'll be friends forever so that we don't need to leave each other again. Okay? Pinky promise?” Taehyung uttered.

“Pinky promise, I will find you, Hyung, trust me, I will look for you, no matter what happens. I'm sorry if I failed to make my first promise.” Jungkook connected their pinky fingers.

“Taehyung, son, let's go now, your new mother is waiting for you.” Taehyung's new father interrupted them.

“Bye, Jungkookie, I hope to see you again.” Taehyung smiled forcefully and waved his hands.

“Bye, Hyung, I will see you again.” Jungkook wiped off his tears while watching them walk away from him.

Jena wiped off her tears too, feeling emotional about their separation.

“Let's go now too, Jungkook, your father is waiting for you outside.” Jena tried not to show her sadness.

Jungkook nodded his head while Taehyung finally let out the tears that he kept hiding in front of Jungkook.