𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

"HOMELANDER WAS RIGHT. YOU ARE A FUCKING RAT." A-TRAIN TOLD HER, ANNIE FACING HIM AS HUGHIE STUCK BEHIND. A-Train's heart was pounding, the man keeping still. "Oh, and you're the jailbreaker? Are you fucking kidding me?" A-Train asked once he saw Hughie, scowling. "Turn around and walk away, A-Train." Annie demanded, the man laughing. "I got this. Go." Annie whispered back to Hughie, the man staying put. "No. I'm the one he wants. I'm not leaving you." The two stayed in silence, Annie turning back to A-Train.

"Please, just go." She spoke, watching A-Train sweat stood still as he readied himself. Annie sighed, making her eyes glow as A-Train exhaled the pain from his heart. Hughie stood to the side, Annie taking the energy from the lights above as A-Train cracked his knuckles. He ran to the side, dodging Annie's blast, doing the same again. Annie stayed silent, continuing to shoot at him as he continued to dodge it. A-Train was able to rush to her, shoving her away as Hughie fell from the light.

He towered over them both, panting heavily. The lights went out, Annie groaning as Hughie stood up. "Hughie!" She called, watching A-Train face Hughie. "You killed the only person I ever loved." The former began, beginning to cry. "I didn't kill her." He spoke, A-Train's breathing laboured as he exhaled sharply. "I know. I did." The two watched him, Hughie's face falling. "But it was your fault." A-Train's heart pounded, gripping Hughie's shirt. The man flinched, A-Train's heart becoming unbearable as he shouted in pain, seeing two of Hughie.

His heart started to beat faster before it stopped, A-Train falling down. "Holy shit." Hughie spoke, Annie standing up. "What?" She asked, the two rounding A-Train. "I-I think he's having a heart attack." Hughie spoke, the two watching A-Train pass out fully. "Oh, fuck. Okay." Hughie felt the man's pulse, glancing to Annie before beginning CPR on A-Train. "One. Two. Three. Call an ambulance." He told Annie, the woman shaking her head lightly. "He'll never stop coming for you." She spoke as Hughie nodded. "I know." He repeated CPR, Annie huffing before pressing a button on her suit.

"This is Starlight. I have a code 78-65. A-Train is down. I think he's had a heart attack." She knelt down beside Hughie. "You have to go. I'll take over." She spoke, Hughie continuing CPR- "Hughie, go! Or else you'll get caught." She reminded, Hughie leaving quietly as she continued CPR. Madelyn glanced at Billy from her seat, C4 strapped around her as he held the trigger. A familiar sound occurred, the two staying silent as Homelander walked across the roof. "Well, well, well. About fucking time. I know you can see me through the ceiling."

Madelyn watched the man hold up the trigger. "You try to kill me... and my trigger finger goes soft." He spoke to the ceiling. "Now... why don't you stop playing rapey Santa... and come down and join us?" Billy asked, Madelyn looking back to see Homelander walk in with her baby. Billy's brows furrowed, the man shushing Madelyn. "Take it easy. We don't want to upset Teddy, right?" He asked, Madelyn gulping. "What are you doing?" She asked, Homelander pointing the baby so he looked at her.

"Hey, look: Mommy." He put on a voice, walking past Madelyn. "You all right?" Billy watched his normal voice come back, Madelyn shaking her head. "No-" "Madelyn..." Homelander began, Billy watching the two. "Take him upstairs-" "All good. I got it." Homelander smiled, bouncing Teddy in his arms. "I got it." He faced the two with a smile, looking to Billy. "Billy Butcher. You don't mind if I call you Billy, right?" He never answered, Homelander continuing none-the-less. "You are pretty darn impressive. I mean, especially for, you know, one of you. See, even now," Madelyn never took her eyes off of her baby.

"most people standing where- where you are would be pissing their pants, terrified, but you... sure, your heart's pounding, but you're not afraid." Teddy began to cry, Homelander ignoring him. "It's anger. That's a new one for me." He shrugged, Madelyn gulping. "Homelander, will you please take the baby upstairs?-" "All because of your lovely wife Becca. Right?" He asked, ignoring Madelyn also as she inhaled shakily.