six

IT WAS SILENT ON THE BOAT TO SAY THE LEAST. Where they acquired a boat, Samuel had no clue. He also had no energy to ask, so he kept his seat near the window. Looking back meant looking at Billy. He didn't want to do that. To be honest, Samuel didn't know what he expected when he came back. A nice warm hug definitely wasn't one of them, but this was way worse. Billy hadn't even spoken to him.

Not at all since last night. Sure, there were a few glances, but that was it. Samuel always felt like he needed to get up, that he needed to do something. The cons of Compound V. He didn't know the last time he had a wash, the last time he even had a blunt. For Samuel, it was an achievement not to have a blunt in a week's span, but nothing felt real anymore.

His whole life had changed. Despite being one of the most wanted people in the country, he was new. He couldn't quite place it, but he felt fresh. Not a good fresh, no, the fresh that makes you feel anxious. The change that gives you that gut feeling that you want to go back to the way things were. That you need to go back to the way things were, or you'd fall apart at the seams.

It wasn't a good feeling, and Samuel could only have pure nightmares about how much worse it would be if they knew. If they knew that the blue Compound V in his blood tainted it a fair purple if mixed well. It was disgusting. Of course, they'd find out eventually. He can't keep it from them forever. But who is he to go yelling it to the masses?

He'll sort it when he sorts it- "Sammy." He broke from his trance, looking at the voice to his left. M.M. sat with brows raised, awaiting any response. "You okay?" He urged, eyes glued to Samuel's face as he hummed lightly. "I thought I saw some dolphins." He lied, glancing down at his lap before out at the water again.

It was kind of peaceful, not enough, but some of it was calming. "What happened to you out there?" M.M. mentioned, staying his ground. Of course he knew Samuel was lying, but he also knew Samuel well enough that he won't voluntarily open up. He had to usher it out. And he would do it every time.

"You can't get out of that without a single scratch." M.M. joked lightly, Samuel sighing at the man. "I don't know what happened to me. I... broke." Samuel shook his head at his own answer, M.M. keeping silent as if to give the boy room to continue. "I just wanted to go home." Samuel let out again, M.M. nodding lightly. "Then I saw him... and I broke."

Samuel claimed once more, M.M. humming briefly. "I'm glad you're here." He let out, Samuel glancing at the man before humming. "It's nostalgic." Samuel spoke, M.M. letting out a small chuckle. There was a silence, not an awkward one, but one that M.M. insisted upon, awaiting Samuel to talk if he wanted.

Allocating him time, which he seemed like he needed. "I didn't mean to." As if on cue, Samuel spoke. M.M. looked at the boy, blinking his sight back to the water. "Didn't think you did." He replied, Samuel huffing. "It was weird, it felt... not good. I scared my mom shitless." Samuel hummed, M.M.'s brows rising again. "I'm not surprised." He remarked emptily, Samuel talking up again.

It was like M.M. had opened the floodgates to Samuel's brain, and the boy couldn't help it. "I wasn't angry. It wasn't, like, a cool revenge thing. I just-" M.M. watched the boy shrug. "I saw him, and he scared me. I- I got scared. Like he was gonna do something to me. Like he used to." Samuel didn't dare look at M.M., knowing that he was staring at the boy.

"The shit part is, I regret it. I mean, not because I love my dad, but... my mom sees me as a monster." He continued mindlessly, M.M. simoly sat listening. It was all he needed to do. It was more than he could do. "I was making breakfast, and she came downstairs from her bed. She looked at me lovingly, like she wanted to know if I was okay." Samuel shook his head.