𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘗𝘛𝘌𝘙 𝘛𝘏𝘙𝘌𝘌

➳ ○ CHAPTER THREE ○ ➳

THE SUN WAS GLEAMING AS Naerya and Rhaenys walked together through the gardens of the Red Keep. The cousins enjoyed each other's company and the warm weather as they listened to Mimres melody like shriek high above them.

While Lord Corlys had taken to visiting with Lord Rylan. The sea snake and riverlands Lord had formed a close friendship in the many years since meeting. Naerya had become aware it would not only be herself and Valea to grieve when her husband finally met his end but, others as well.

Naerya and Rhaenys had taken to the gardens hoping to get some privacy from the countless inquisitive eyes inside the castle walls.

"Cousin, may I ask you a question?" Rhaenys inquired as the two Targaryen princesses stopped walking.

Naerya nodded, silently telling Rhaenys to continue.

"What is your plan once Lord Rylan succumbs to his illness? Will you continue to stay in Kings Landing or go back to Castle Darry?"

The questions themselves did not shock Naeyra. If anyone were so bold enough to ask such questions it would be Rhaenys. While Viserys tried his best to keep her mind off of her husband's quickly declining health, gifting her with more dresses and small trinkets and not once bothering to ask how she was truly feeling and Daemon, well, Daemon was Daemon. Rhaenyra had tried her hardest to help but she was just a young girl and Naerya did not want to put her grieving onto her young niece's shoulders. The young heir to the Iron Throne had already been put through so much in such a short amount of time.

All that left Naerya with was Otto Hightower. He had become a close companion, enjoying supper together when her Lord husband was too sick to eat or was sleeping away in a milk of the poppy daze. His company was joyous and she had come to enjoy  and dare even say crave his company.

Of course she remembered Daemon's words about The Hightower man. They whispered loudly in her ear like a dragon rider commanding it's winged beast.

"Valea is heir to Castle Darry." Rhaenys spoke again, "has she been betrothed yet?"

"No."

Naerya's mismatched eyes gazed at the crimson roses. They were her favorite and her grandsire had them brought to the Red Keep from Dragonstone many, many moons ago to see a smile on her face.

The condition of Valea Targaryen's betrothal was a inquiry many had. It was found to be odd that the princess at the age of fourteen had yet to be betrothed to a nobel house. Plenty of Lords had written to herself and her Lord husband asking for Valea's hand but, his illness had become of more importance than a betrothal.

"I am certain Viserys is willing to help you find a suitable match for her." Rhaenys hummed.

Naerya nodded as a tight smile graced her face. There had been talks of sending Rhaenyra and Valea on a tour of Westeros, allowing each of the young Targaryen princesses to pick a lord of their choosing.