CH 20

After 7 Years

Sneha

Three years ago I broke the shackles of slavery, my marriage. Sough! My second marriage was a failure too, once more imposed by my father after Puneet married Prakriti.

Flashback-

That morning, my uncle, my dad's younger brother, came to see my dad when I was about to visit Keosha for consultation. After completing her degree, Keosha joined as a medical officer and married her long-time boyfriend, Kapil. She's the only person I've ever opened my heart to... My abuse. She wanted me to take a stand against my in-laws, but they already got what they deserved. In addition, it will break my parents more than they ever were. I was getting better, and there was nothing wrong with unearthing old stuff. Rahul was gone, and his parents were struggling for two meals and the sham his son has earned.

Three months later, my mother stumbled upon Puneet and the old days of our college gradually returned with his return to my life. On my last counseling session with Keosha, told her my remarriage is in talk with a boy, who had a huge crush on her. After suffering physical abuse I was never ready for marriage, but we were talking about Puneet, the man whom I can believe blindly. She suggested I share my horrible past with Puneet before the wedding because he has every right to know and to make choices afterward. I listened to her and summoned my courage to call Puneet and confess, but he didn't receive my call.

"Namaste, Chacha G," I wished and greeted my uncle, but he was in a hurry and broke into my parents' room calling, "Bhai Sahab,"

"Aatish, it's good that you came, I was about to call you, about Sneha's remarriage." My father got out of bed to the man and hugged his younger brother.

"With that Galhotra boy?" my Uncle snarled, "He kept you in the dark, to get equal with you, he gave false hopes, Bhaisahab. He got married on Sunday." My uncle's face was red, but my dad was incredulous. "No, it's impossible... he asked for time... to consider."

"To think, to marry a widow or a girl, superior to him? You always do as you please, you didn't even consider the proposal I made for Sneha. Shekhar is a totallear. I was assured by Vimla Ji that they will keep her happy. He may have children with his wife, but they are ill-fated that the car crash took away their mother. Sneha is a widow, think practically. Don't think I'm compelling you marry her with Shekhar But I want you to see him, meet him once."

I heard what they were talking about. My best friend got married and I wasn't invited. I couldn't fault him, he made his choice like my family and I did years ago, but it would hurt my parents, I knew. 'I would have danced, Puneet, you were my closest friend.'

That very evening my uncle showed up with Chachi, for the proposal for that widower. I found out he was related to my aunt. "Shekhar's first wife died in a car wreck. He already has two children, two daughters with his first spouse." I heard my Aunt and my mother gasp.

"How can we be sure they didn't plan it?" My dad asked them.

You can call for an investigation if you like. Shekhar and Sheetal were an ideal couple, he doesn't want to remarry. " My aunt advocated.

My dad went through all of his resources, and it turned out to be true. They were a fine and famous family. The daughters' father loved them and didn't want to remarry, but he was forced to follow the elders as I do.

My convinced parents mutually decide that it was worth considering. "I'm not ready for the remarriage." I objected.

"We are not marrying you right away, my child." My aunt rose to her feet to reach me. "Only if you found him nice, only then we will proceed with minimal rituals."