Ch. 7 - One Day

"Ali," Em was whining, tugging on Ali's arm in hopes of getting her back in bed.

"No Em, c'mon, it's 11:30am on a Saturday, we should be out doing something. Going somewhere, out shopping or watching a cheesy chick flick."

Em grunted and threw herself back into the sheets, face down, mumbling.

"Em," Ali almost scolded, "stop being a baby will you? I had a whole day planned for us and now look, half the day is gone."

Em flipped her hair from her face, "is not."

"Is too."

"Ugh, why can't we stay in bed and see how many episodes we can watch on Netflix and order pizza, make-out, eat ice cream from the tub-"

"What did you just say?"

"What," Em asked incredulously, "we always eat from the tub on sleepovers."

"No, before that."

It took a few seconds before Ali could see the warm tint growing across Emily's cheeks.

"Em, you know you don't ever have to plan when we make-out?" Ali crawled back onto the bed, crawling over Em until her knees were on either side of her girlfriend's knees.

Emily squirmed and smiled devilishly, something she had mimicked from Ali these past few months.

Ali kept leaning forward, forcing Emily to scoot further into the bed, until her only option was to lie on her back and hold her breath and Ali kept inching closer, closer, until their noses were practically touching and Em could feel Ali's breath on her lips.

Ali smirked and waited, torturing Em and smiling as the brunette beneath her squirmed.

Finally, when Em was beginning to arch her back into Ali's body, Ali leaned down and connected their lips, brief but purposeful, taking what little air was in Em's lungs away, leaving her breathless, panting for more.

Ali pulled away; just enough so Em could feel her smile against her lips, which was soon returned.

Ali rolled over and began to laugh.

Em leaned up on one elbow to face her, "What? What's so funny?"

"Nothing's funny, I'm laughing because I'm happy, what? I can't be happy?"

"Yes you can, and you deserve nothing more, you deserve every ounce of happiness this life and any other life could possibly offer."

Ali shook her head. She had no idea how Emily always had the right words to say...so quick with them at that, she didn't even have to try. Ali's smiled widened and turned her body to face her mermaid, "I love you."

Em smiled knowingly and moved to kiss Ali again. When they both stopped for air, Ali said softly, "your turn."

Em smirked and leaned down to kiss Ali's cheek, moving to her ear. "First, say it again."

Ali felt her insides and flip, she would say those three little words to Emily Fields until hell froze over or the sun stop shining, whichever came last.

"I love you."

Em nestled her face in the crook of Alison's neck, making a path of kisses from the base of her neck to her jaw to her ear and back again, "Ali, I love you too. Always...now, say it to me again."

Ali looked into those warm brown eyes and was immediately under their spell again, she would cross the earth to see Em smile like that, to look at her the way she was right now.