Ch. 10 - Bits and Pieces

AN: I'm apologizing in advance for any spelling or grammatical errors as well as typos, so other than that, I hope you enjoy!

Also, this chapter is one of many flashbacks that are all sequential; I hope no one gets confused. Each section is a different flashback that gives small hints at what Ali knows.

Chapter 10 - Bits and Pieces

"Now we start carrying out the plan." Alison had said with great confidence and finality in her voice. She chucked her bag on the table and took everything she had out.

"I think I know who -A is."

I heavy ball was dropped in the middle of the court and none of the guys were quite ready to pick it up. None initially eager enough to say anything.

"How long? How long have you known?"

"Just recently, with the lavender thing and knowing it was CeCe and with my parents connection to Radley and everything that happened with Jason...it's a long shot, but I think I know who is actually behind all this."

"Well," Ezra started, sitting and placing his hands on the table, "let's hear it, we've got all night."

"It's a long shot, but when I was a kid I found this picture, it was a family photo except there was a one plus to my family of four."

Caleb exchanged looks between Toby and Ezra and squinted his eyes.

"Ali," he paused, treading careful waters, "are you saying..."

"Yeah," Ali confirmed, "I am."

"But-"

"It all started to come together after Jason was found innocent, I didn't want to believe it at first, and for the first time in a long time I actually wished I could talk to my mother about my family."

"Alright, so tell us."

x-x-x-x

"Dad I swear it was Jason, why else would I say he was -A?"

"Alison you don't understand what you just did."

Ali paced back in forth in her room, her dad standing near the doorway, red in the face and angry.

"Then make me understand! If that wasn't Jason that I seen then who was it? It's not like he has a twin!"

Ken looked up and scoffed, "yeah sure, a twin."

Alison rolled her eyes, angry more than scared now, "then what is it, I know what I saw and he looked a hell of a lot like Jason."

"But it wasn't! Was it? And now your brother had spent weeks in jail for you and your stupid friends."

"But he's out now, so what's the problem, I apologized to him before he left, and the police know it wasn't him, that he's innocent-"

"Now they do, but that's still on his record, he's tainted now because of you."

"No dad, I think this family is tainted because of you." Ali grabbed her bag, her keys and pushed passed her father.

"And where to do you think you're going?"

"What does it matter to you? Go check on Jason and make sure he's okay."

Ali grabbed her keys and drove to the house where the only person she could handle seeing right now lived, she drove to Emily's.