Chapter 4

Sade's POV:

I don't think I was breathing at all and I wasn't sure if I wanted to. Her eyes were breathtaking and I could get lost in them for hours. I took in her features, her plump lips, button nose, freckled cheeks, caramel skin, and voluminous curls. She looked as if she was doing the same, and took a moment to look at my lips but her eyes didn't stay there for long.

I was dying to know what she was thinking at this moment. We were so close I could smell the fried oreos on her breath and the flower scent perfume she wore.

I wanted to kiss her badly, but not like this. I had just finished crying and my sinuses were in no good condition for me to be putting all that in someone's face, especially not hers. Backing away from her slightly, I looked down at the armrest. Lauren cleared her throat,

"So where's your car? I'm sure you're tired and want to go home," she said, staring straight ahead. I nodded,

"It's around here somewhere, not far, I'll walk to it," I answered, opening her car door.

"Okay I'll walk you." She got out as well.

"No it's okay Lauren you don't have-"

"Sade, no, come on I'm walking you," Lauren cut in before walking over to me. "Lead the way," she instructed with a nod. I did so.

The drive home was quiet, yet so many thoughts stormed my mind...

Why didn't I kiss her?

Does she even feel the same? Did she want me to kiss her?

Should I just ask her out?

Should I act like it never happened?

Damnit what if I missed my chance?

That damn Jasmine. Why did I let her get to me?

My eyebrows furrowed. "Ugh! Dumbass!" My hands gripped the steering wheel, as I groaned. I shook my head, hanging it in frustration.

I'm just going to ask her out, fuck it.

~ 2 Days Later ~

"SADE!!!!" My mom's voice shot me up out of my sleep. I could've had a damn heart attack. I rolled my eyes,

"WHAT! I'M SLEEPING!!" I yelled downstairs to her from my bed.

"WELL WAKE UP! GET DOWN HERE!"

"Oh my fucking-" Groaning, I threw my covers back before putting on my slides, sweatpants, and sweatshirt because I sleep with minimum to no clothing.

It's Sunday and I do not have time for her shit.

Flying down the stairs, not even caring if I fell, "What is it mother," I huffed.

She was standing over the stove, cooking breakfast, her back turned to me. "I'm about to go to work, and I have something to do later so I need you to watch your sisters today."

I rolled my eyes behind her. "Oh so screw my plans right?" I asked sarcastically.

"Don't get smart with me girl," she retorted sternly, I rolled my eyes again,

"You woke me up on a Sunday out of my sleep for this mom, really?" My eyes squinted at her, and she turned around. I quickly fixed my face.

"Well yes and no, I needed to talk to you face to face before I left" she said, sounding more serious. It worried me.

Does she know something? But I haven't done anything? Or have I?

"Okay....." I said hesitantly, sitting at the stool at the kitchen island. "What's up?" I asked, not sure if I wanted an answer.