Chapter 5

~ 1 Week Later ~

Lauren's POV:

"Goooooooodmoring Tigers! We hope everyone's morning is starting off right and if not we have just the news to turn it around. First things first, next week is Homecoming Week and that weekend will be the infamous Homecoming Dance. Yes I know we're all very excited considering Homecoming Week is everyone's favorite part of the year." Hunter said over the intercom. Brie, the other announcer, joined in, "So here are the days people: Monday- bikers vs surfers, Tuesday-seniors vs toddlers, Wednesday-throwback day, Thursday-gender switch, Friday- schooooollll colorrrssss!! Friday is also the Homecoming Game and it starts at 6 don't be late folks and low and be hold the Homecoming Dance this Saturday at 7!" she said with excitement. Hunter came in again, "Don't forget your tickets and leave your best judgment at home. It will be a night you won't forget!" Hunter exclaimed over the intercom. I chuckled at her silliness. She's something else.

Brie quickly cut in, "Uh guys disregard that last part, Hunter seems to be in a silly goofy mood this morning" she laughed nervously. The class broke out in laughter as we listened to them bicker over the intercom. You could hear Hunter mumbling under her breath in the background as Brie spoke again, "Well that concludes our morning announcements for today, be sure to get your tickets for the dance and have a great day guys!" she said, then Hunter joined in as they said in unison, "GOOOOOO TIGERSSSS!!" I shook my head with a smile.

Before I could begin to start today's assignment, my phone buzzed in my lap. Laying my pencil down, I picked it up to see who it was. Sade had texted me,

Emerald🍀🧸
hey stinka😏

Me to Emerald🍀🧸
ewwww🤢 hey bae🫦

Emerald🍀🧸
you doing homecoming week right?

Me to Emerald🍀🧸
yeah, I've never really had the chance to participate before but it should be fun yeah?

Emerald🍀🧸
oh absolutely, you want to go get outfits for next week sometime this week or the weekend?

Me to Emerald🍀🧸
ofc when are you off?

Emerald🍀🧸
sunday

Me to Emerald🍀🧸
damn girl, okay sunday it is🙃🤙🏽

Emerald🍀🧸
alright cool bye stinka

Me to Emerald🍀🧸
lmao bye babes

Trying to wipe the grin off of my face, I laid my phone face down and refocused my attention on my teacher. He was rambling on about how unnecessary the Civil War was.

"I'm just saying! The South really had a mind of their own, a crazy one at that, the North should have just let them go!" Students groaned as he continued.

Walking out of class, I felt a large hand slide across my shoulders. It was Dylan.

Last week he'd refused to give up on asking me out. He's very sweet about it so I don't mind the flirtation, plus he's a decent friend. I wouldn't mind going out with him, I just kind of had my eye on someone else. I just didn't know if she felt the same.

"We'll hello there pretty girl," he sang, rocking us side to side. Looking up at him, I smiled,

"Hey Dylan, what's up?"

The blonde boy shrugged,taking his arm off me as we walked. "Oh nothing just wanted to come say hey to my favorite female specimen," he grinned as I looked down shaking my head in laughter,