you're okay

(y/n has some past trauma and is sensitive to shouting as it triggers past terrors)

You were in the bedroom area of the tent cleaning. You, harry, ron and hermione were out hunting horcruxes. Well, attempting to at least. It hadn't been going fully according to plan as you all had no idea how to destroy the locket.

You could hear hermione and harry talkling about the sword of gryffindor from the kitchen. You had grown slightly anxious as they both had seemed to have closer during your hunting. Harry had taken a notice of this and was sure to asure you every once in a while that you were the only one he loves which helped calm your nerves.

You heard a muffled voice of ron speaking but you couldn't fully make out what he was saying.

You quitly made your way to the entrance of the living area and you saw ron standing in front of where harry and hermione were sitting. Thankfully, no one had sensed your presence as you had hoped.

"I told you everything Dumbledore told me and, in case you haven't noticed, we have found a horcrux already!"

Ron scoffed.

"Yeah, and we're about as close to getting rid of it as we are to finding the rest of them, aren't we?"

The pressure on your chest has significantly increased as their voices had too. Out of the corner of her eye, Hermione had spotted you leaning against the living room entrance, and you watched as her eyebrows furrowed with concern, you were certain your face was of uncomfort and displeasure.

Harry, Ron and Hermione had been careful not to trigger anything from your past ever since you opened up to them in fifth year.

However, you knew as the pressure on all of you had increased, they will be sure to burst in any moment; this was the moment.

"Ron, please take off the horcrux," Hermione pleaded as she tried to take the cursed locket off his neck.

He pushed her hands away roughly. You gasped, you've never seen Ron this angry, especially towards Hermione. "You wouldn't be saying any of this if you hadn't been wearing it all day."

Ron payed no mind to her begging and turned back to Harry.

"Do you want to know why I listen back to that radio every night, do you?" He spat in his direction. Your heart began to race as every breath was getting more and more difficult. "To make sure I don't hear Ginny's name. Or fred, or George, or mum."

"What, you think I'm not listening, too?! You think I don't know how this feels?!"

Breathe
breathe
breathe.

"No, you don't know how it feels! You parents are dead, you have no family!"

You couldn't hear any longer. Your chest was burning and you lungs were exploding, while your knees were shaking against your weight. You couldn't breathe.

Flashbacks of how familiar this feeling was splurged through your brain, which only made breathing more difficult.

You could barely make out Harry and Ron lunging at eachother, while Hermione attempted to break them apart.

Your knees had finally given out as more shouts and the rustling of the tent entrance filled your head.

Your ragged breathing and recing heartbeat was the only sounds you could hear. You screwed your eyes shut, attempting to stop tears from spilling, which was proved futile as you felt hot tears stream down your face.

The only thought circling your mind was to breathe.

Harry had only noticed your shaking figure when Hermione had chased after Ron, and immediately felt his heart sink. He knew about your struggles, he knew about your past, yet he was so wreckless that he completely forgot about it.

He rushed to your aid and kneeled before you as he attempted to calm you down. He's never seen you this frail, this small. You always put yourself as a strong, unbreakable individual, and to see you breakdown your walls in front of him made his heart break.

"(Y/n), please look at me, you're okay, you're going to be okay, I promise,"

He put his arms around your shaking body, in an attempt to quiet you down, as he knew you felt comfort within his hold.

His theory was proven right as your sobs died down, your body still shaking, as his resurring whispers filled your mind.

He didn't know how long he had been holding you for, he was sure Hermione had came back. He never thought to ask about Ron, he never thought to ask about his whereabouts. All that mattered to him right now, was you

He knew you'd fallen asleep by the familiar breathing pattern of yours that he'd often find himself mimcking.

Gently, he lifted you up and placed you on your assigned bed. He carefully tucked you in, careful not to wake you up in the process.

He found himself admiring your face, and how your tear-streaked cheeks twinkled in the candle light, how your (h/c) hair flowed perfectly down your shoulders. How pretty and perfect you looked, even when sleeping. Almost absentmindedly, he found himself wiping those stray tears away, making it as if he was wiping away those horrid memories that you hold.

In that moment, Harry had realised that he truly does love you, and not just some silly crush he's had in fifth year. No. Harry was sure this is what real love feels like. Harry was sure this is what his dad had felt for his mom. He was sure his feelings were beyond "liking".

Harry hadn't realised he was caressing your reddened cheek this whole time, not until your eyelashes had fluttered against his thumb.

You blinked in the light as you watched his eyebrows furrow. "Did I wake you?"

"No," You almost jumped at how brittle you voice was, it sounded as you were about to cry at any moment. It seemed as Harry had noticed this too, as he proceeded to ask more questions.

"Are you okay now?"
"Does it hurt?"
"I'm really sorry for shouting"
"Are you sure you're alright?"

"Harry! I assure you, I'm fine. And, you don't need to apologize, it's not your fault," You replied, slightly exasperated from his usual overthinking.

He opened his mouth to rataliate when you pecked his lips.

You pulled back, shocked at your sudden action. "I-It was the only way you'd shut up,"

He smirked in return, "I should talk more often, then,"

You response was merely a groan as you try to hide your blushed cheeks, with the sounds of Harry's laughter and teasing in the background.

Heyy!

This chapter is a kind of angst but with fluff at the end, I really like it :)

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, there's more coming on the way !!

Anyway,
hope you all enjoyed and have a good day/ night <3