Chapter Ten

When Lucas texted her that he was outside she straightened out her dress, checked her makeup in the mirror, and then made her way to the front door. She opened it, half expecting to see Lucas standing on the other side of the door but he wasn't. There was a small part of her that wished that he was, but then she squashed that thought altogether knowing that was the exact definition of complicated that she didn't want.

She took the elevator and then once at the bottom made her way outside to Lucas' truck.

"Wow..." He whispered under his breath. "You look."

"Too complicated," she said while shaking her head.

"I was gonna say hot."

A smile crept onto his face and then, again, she found that a little disappointing. Had she wanted him to call her beautiful, or even stunning? She pushed those thoughts to the back of her mind and then took a moment to admire his attire. He wore a black suit - the blazer looked a little too tight in the arms but Lucas looked 'hot' himself and she had never expected to see him wearing something like that. Every time she had seen him he always wore something casual whether that be jeans and a t.shirt or a pair of cargo pants. But, no matter what he wore, he always looked good.

"Ready to go?" He asked and reached for the door but summer was quick to open it herself. He stumbled back, seemingly a little confused but rounded the truck to get into the driver's side nevertheless. Once inside, she buckled her seatbelt and they were off.

Around two minutes into their journey Summer noticed that Lucas had been peeking over at her out of the corner of his eye. But not just at her, his eyes were drawn to her bare legs and cleavage.

She lifted her leg slightly bringing her stiletto into view and gently touched the side. "Do you like my shoes?" She asked, her voice smooth like butter.

They were stopped at the stop light and Lucas glanced over, his full attention was now on Summer's long legs. He nodded and murmured in appreciation.

Her hand trailed slowly up her leg and to the hem of her dress, she continued until she reached her neckline where she gently played with the necklace dangling between her breasts. "What about my necklace..."

"It's stunning."

The light had turned green but Lucas hadn't moved the vehicle an inch. He was encaptured by the present conversation.

Her hands glided down her body, over her breasts and to the red fabric that covered her stomach. "And my dress? Do you like it?" Her voice was low and seductive now.

He sucked in a breath and swallowed as he nodded gently. "Very much."

Before she could tease him any further the car waiting behind theirs sounded its horn a couple of times which snapped Lucas back to reality. He gripped the steering wheel so tight that his knuckles began to turn white and stepped on the gas. He muttered a curse word under his breath and that was the only word they exchanged during the remainder of the journey.

The restaurants as beautiful and most certainly expensive as the moment they stepped into the warm building they were served champagne. Neither Lucas nor Summer accepted the token gesture as they were already late and didn't want to give his family any reason to question their whereabouts.

Back in the car, only fifteen minutes earlier had Lucas had his hands all over Summer's body and his lips on hers. He claimed that he simply couldn't wait until the end of the evening for a kiss and grasped the chance while they were alone in the parking lot. But now, they were late and by the frustrated look in his mother's eye, she wasn't happy about the fact.