Chapter 27 | Fratello

MALIA'S POV:

Nap time?

Ruth gingerly opens the front door, opening into what looks like something out of Fitzgerald. Larg ceilings, ornate pillars, and luxury couches that scream upper class.

The house was huge, with beautiful marble floors and angelic curtains that hang off the huge windows.

With long steps she strides, guiding me toward a professional high class kitchen with a young girl who seems to be knocked out with a cookie jar next to her hand.

"Dammit, he'll kill me for this." Ruther whisper shouts, clenching her jaw as she tip toes towards the girl.

I snort comes out of my mouth, causing her to slap the side of my head before shushing me.

Ruth gradually wakes the girl up, her beautiful dark blue eyes examining me quickly. A crease in the middle of her eyebrows form, she touches my long hair lightly while tilting her head. "Pretty." She whispers, handing me a cookie from the jar that is half filled.

She's precious

I give her a wide smile, taking the cookie into my hand while my heart speeds up from the overload of cuteness.

The young girl hops down from the high chair she sits on, her long blonde brown hair flowing gracefully behind her. She wears a long purple floral dress, matching her purple flats.

She almost looks like a adult. And she clearly has style.

Ruth takes her head, dragging her towards the long stairway. "You should be in bed, Soph, not eating from the cookie jar aga-" Her words are cut off short by the sound of someone clearing their throat.

"Can someone please inform me as to why there is a black dodge demon parked awfully in my front drive way." Kades voice booms behind me.

"Fuck." Ruther whispers.

_________________

Kade stands in the entry way of the large house, standing perfectly still as if he was not just running away from a "gang."

Not even a scratch adorns his sharp face, a curl from his hair perfectly laying across his forehead. Instead of shirtless he now wears a tight compressed black T-shirt with black joggers that are just sinful.

Men in sweatpants should be a crime.

Kades green eyes pierce into mine, his perfectly carved lips forming into a smirk. Wheels turned in his head. The man was always having a whole world working inside his mind, his pretty face should never be underestimated.

Ruth coughs behind me, catching his attention. He looks down at Sophie now, his eyes lighting up.

"Fratello!" Sophie exclaims, pushing past me with her tiny legs as she jumps into his safe arms.

I might not have taken those Italian classes, but with the amount of romance books I have read the message is clear.

Kade is her brother.

When the fuck did that happen?!

A deep chuckles pushes out from his rumbling chest, his arms wrapping tightly around her as he kneels down.

Ruth grabs my shoulder, clinging me to her. "Come, there is a guest room upstairs with your name on it." She murmurs, her heels tapping on the marble stairs.

Slowly I follow her, trying to regain my mask. As I follow her up the stairs the laughter from Kade and his little sister echo throughout the house.

They have a great relationship.

Kade always talked about how he wished for a sibling, when we were younger. It seems he finally got his wish.

I smile at the thought, my fingers brushing along side the staircase's handrail.

Maybe he changed after all.

Maybe that was the reason he left all along.