Chapter 47

Damien Petrov

kill him.

Is what I want to do. But I can't. I don't know how or when he got into her little body and that question ticks at the back of my mind.

But I can't think of that right now. That bastard is inside of her and he needs out. "What do you want from us?" Anger grew inside me as he gave acknowledgement to Nyx that he would give whatever he wanted.

He grinned evilly. The look didn't look pleasant on our mate's little face. It wasn't her. It was Nyx. I had to keep reminding myself but I could help but notice small features appear on her face that belonged to him.

"I. Want. My-"

"Over your very dead body." I gritted out with seething anger. My fingers were twitching at the urge to somehow get him out of her body.

He pouted pathetically. "No fair." He whined shaking his- well ferns head.

"You didn't even know what I was going to ask." He huffed but smiled. The little shit bag was messing around with me. He's purposely trying to get on my nerves to rile me up.

I got to speak but I catch Dimitri deathly stare that's telling me to "shut the fuck up." Even after I injured his stomach he has the nerve-

"What is it that you want Nyx?" I stayed silent, biting my own tongue.

"I want my throne. I want someone dead and finally I want the Queen of witches' head on a spike next to my throne for what she has done to me." His playful facade is gone, replayed with rage.

"Tell me something. Has she ever informed any of the other King and Queens or the supernatural of how I died or do you think it was simple that I ran out of power to keep me immortal?"

My mouth fell open. "No, we were told by the Queens of Witches that her Royal advisors had sealed you away in some sort of amulet, so all hell wouldn't break loose like it did 600 years ago. If my memory serves correctly." I thought I had imagined it but guilt passed through his evil eyes but it was gone in an instant.

"No. That fucking bitch of a Queen did no such thing, instead she sent thee Ibras Chenter after me." I narrowed my eyes at the strong accusation.

Ibras Chenter

A man who killed his own family. He's an assassin that lives somewhere in the Queen's palace and has been serving her for a millennia now. Last I heard of him he was doing jobs for the Queen killing certain Witches and wizards who had betrayed the Queen in various ways.

I feel sick to my stomach even thinking about what he did 200 years ago. He killed his own Wife, 6 children, 3 boys and 3 girls.

How a man can get past that I will never know. But I do know that I could never lay a land on my little mates silky and fragile skin. Maybe in other ways though, I can get by.

I need to get my head out of the gutter. Nyx is present in her body and I'm standing here thinking dirty thoughts.

"What you're saying-" Dimitri brings himself to say but cuts his voice off as the gravity of the situation kicks in.

I cut in for him. "If what's your saying is true then the Queen herself can be executed at our very hands if we wish it. Ibras Chenter is a merciless killer who has no remorse and definitely no emotion. He has killed hundreds of thousands innocent people as well as criminals. If what your saying is true Nyx and we intervene then a war could be started." I finish rubbing my chin.

The others stay silent knowing it's their best option. Although they are Alpha and some am I. I am a little more daring than the others.

"Exactly," he grins, not the happy kind, the "I can't wait to see Queen's blood" kind of smile.

"So why exactly do you want the queen's head on a spike?" Ivan spoke out and Nyx moved to face Ivan's direction. Secretly I think we all knew the answer to this question without even having to be told.

"Because. She. Was. The. One. Who. Created. That bastard!" He roared fury settling in what is meant to be gentle and innocent eyes that belong to my Fern.

"I will not ask again. Bring me my body. Bring me the Queens and head and I've decided. Leave Ibras Chenter to me. I will undoubtedly kill him and have his head on my bedroom wall as a trophy for my success of killing him." He smirked and closed his eyes. "You have 3 years.'' Those Were his last words before my little mate's body fell from the ceiling.

I was quick to make a first step but I knew I was not to reach her in time. Instead she ended up in the arms of Mikhail unconscious but safe and sound.

As long as Nyx is inside of her she will never be safe. But as long as he believes we are going to help him succeed in his mission he is sorely wrong about that. We have no intention of metaling with dark and ancient magic.

"3 years." Vladimir mutters under his breath disbelief in his words. "You can't be serious. We aren't going to actually help him are we?" We all stayed silent. It was something that needed to be discussed with Fern as well since Nyx is using her body as a vessel.

The question still remains on how. How did he become a part of her mind and body? "No, there is something else we also need to focus on." I repeated the words that I thought and they all stared at me astonished but their gazes slowly drifted to our unconscious mate.

Uncertainty swirled inside me. I wasn't sure what next step to take after that... performance from Nyx, and his little take over for a few minutes ago.

"I'm going to rip that bastard apart if he ever becomes psychical again." I gritted through my teeth.

"No, you won't lay a hand on him. There are many questions that we still need answered and the only way we are going to get them is if we comply with his demands."

"Are you crazy." I was cut off by Mikhail whose voice was a hushed whisper.

The anger that reached his face was reasonable. If we were to comply with Nyx's demands then we would be putting our lives, our people's lives and creating a war all for a single entity. Nyx deserved to die but he did not deserve to be trapped inside of our mate. I closed my eyes, shaking my head. My fist tightened into balls and my claws started to grow as my own frustration began to pour out of me like water working its way down a lake.

"We wait for Fern to regain consciousness and god knows when that will happen considering how much power seeped out of her body." Ivan commented. I caught him staring at Fern longingly. He felt like all of us did, well some of us. Dimitri got a taste of what it was like to smell her heat. Away from us. That alone made it hard not to tear his throat out with my bare teeth.

Yet the way her voice shook when she wanted us to stop. She was half naked and she looked more concerned about us ripping each other's throats out than anything.

We were automatically drawn to her when she called for us. I remember being completely lost and compelled to go to her. I don't even remember half of what I was feeling or thinking. I just obeyed with whatever she wanted from me— from us.

————————

Instagram: Purpl3UwiEE