6

after seeing jay apologize to jungwon and them becoming quick friends, sunoo and jake were also quick to accepting the male (even if sunoo still threw some looks at him).

"so, what brought you guys here?" jay asks as he eats a lemon candy jungwon gave him. "barely anyone transfers in the middle of a semester."

"we heard about the school and thought it was a good opportunity," jake explains with a shrug. "and wanted a break from the city so we could kill two birds with one stone."

"is there a reason why it's so isolated? like it's on an island you can only get to by ferry and the closest town is a 2 hour bus trip away," sunoo asks.

"i'm guessing you three haven't heard the rumors," jay starts. "as you know, headmaster kang is the one who started this institution around 300 years ago, so it's a really old school. you can tell from some parts of the building that it's ancient but don't worry, they always repair the broken parts. but anyways, the kang family actually owns this island and there were rumors being spread about the unusual nature of this place's inhabitants."

"what rumors?" jungwon asks with wide eyes.

"outsiders never knew this island existed until around 100 years ago and it was so weird to think that a mass this large could go undetected. some say nomads eventually settled down to protect their culture. others have more far-fetched tales, like sirens who shapeshift into humans, werewolves, or, the most popular theory, vampires."

"vampires?!" jake exclaims.

"vampires," his classmate nods. "when the first person visited the island, they had long disappeared and was eventually proclaimed dead. a couple years later, his diary was found and one of the entries started to describe some of the people he met while exploring here. ivory skin, ebony hair, ruby-like eyes. they looked too...unwordly to be human."

"so, are they really vampires?" sunoo fiddles with his fingers with anticipation.

"no, because that's all made up," jay smirks when seeing the groans from the others. "the island is owned by the kang family but after a big depression, they would let people who needed a place to stay come here and restart their lives. eventually, there were a lot of people so he built this academy and we now know it as decelis academy."

"you really got us with that first story," jungwon furrows his eyebrows. "and it sounded so real, i actually believed it. until you mentioned vampires."

"do you think they exist?" the 3rd year asks.

"no."

"but no reason they can't though," jake shrugs his shoulders.

"hyung, really?" sunoo gives a raised eyebrow. "people who drink the blood of other creatures exist? it seems like a big stretch."

"but they're interesting to learn and read about," jay gives a mysterious smile. "we gotta go back, the bell is gonna ring soon anyway."

.

.

.

"hey jay," heeseung approaches his friend, who is sitting as his desk and taking out his ethics notebook. "i want to say i'm sorry for pushing you a lot today about the whole incident. it was really immature of me to do that and i know that you will do it so i shouldn't have been so pushy on you."

"it's fine hyung," the male high-fives his friend to let him know he was telling the truth. "and don't worry, i actually ran into jungwon during lunch and apologized."

"that's good," the older lets out a small sigh of relief.

"hyung, i need to get to my seat," sunghoon taps on his shoulder and heeseung moves to the front of jay's desk. "so, you apologized to the kid?"

"yep, and his name is jungwon."

"aw, are you guys friends now, considering you're calling him by his first name?" the oldest teases.

"no, and don't do that face, it's so weird," jay covers his face with his hands. "you missed out hyung, jake was there?"

"what's that gotta do with me?" heeseung looks around to make sure the mentioned person wasn't in the room and could hear the conversation.

"i don't know, you explain that goofy smile you had while i was almost getting killed by sunoo."

"sunoo?" sunghoon is confused by the new name.

"one of jungwon's friends who tried to kill me after the incident."

"are you talking about sunoo?"

the familiar voice makes jay smile and he waves to his new friend.

"yep," he answers as jake takes his seat at the end of the row.

"well at least you two are on a better page," he laughs a bit before turning to sunghoon and heeseung. "how was your break?"

"it was good," the oldest answers. "how is your first day going so far?"

"jay and sunghoon have been helping me catch up with the classes. i've got a lot to cover."

"don't worry. and on the bright side, be thankful you transferred during the 1st semester. one of our friends transferred in the middle of 2nd semester and was struggling so much, even heeseung hyung almost gave up on him."

"oh my goodness, the poor guy," jake tries not to laugh at the face heeseung was making at the memory. "it was that bad hyung?"

"the worst and his excuse was "that's not how they taught us in japan". oh, if only i didn't choose to become his school mentor during the first month."

"oh, is he in our class?"

"nope, our friend is a 2nd year, the same as jungwon and sunoo. i wonder if they met him already," jay wonders. 

at that moment, their teacher strolls into the room and knocks on the speaker's podium with her knuckles. 

"alright, let's settle down and take out your textbooks and notes. we're going to continue from section 3 today."