Shifting vs. Medical Issues

The inspiration for this chapter is brought about by a few people on amino. I will not be naming them as, to put it lightly, although I like to believe that they think they're doing the right thing, they are disrespectful and rude about it.

Without going into the details, I had posted my experience from the last chapter in a chat for supernatural results, and was instantly bombarded with people saying that what I was experiencing was a medical issue and that claiming it was supernatural in nature was dangerous. Now, I can actually somewhat agree with this. There are many medical issues that can be conflated as being supernatural! For example, merfolk prescales can instead be a rash or other medically explained redness and 'scale' texture. For avians, all that back pain could be a vast amount of things wrong.
When possible, it is almost always a good idea to check with a professional to make sure that your experiences aren't actually a symptom of something bad. And for those speaking about their shifting experiences, try to put this warning out there too! There are plenty of youngsters out there that may put themselves in dangerous situations because they believe they are supernatural when they aren't.

Now, there are a lot of things that go the other way around - such as my experiences. While muscle spasms, headaches, and the like are fairly common medical issues, I know that at least some of mine are supernatural related. How do I know this (or rather, what tips do I have for anyone wondering if their symptoms are supernatural in nature)?
See a doctor. In my case, I've actually been experiencing similar things for years now that had faded while I distanced myself from shifting. I was going to different doctors and specialists literally for 3 years, and not one of them could tell me what was wrong. The diagnosis I got was basically them saying I am dehydrated when I wasn't, and prescribed me salt and Gatorade. When I looked up the details of the disorder I was diagnosed with, it did not match my symptoms at all. This, combined with the fact that almost all of my shifting signs are *exclusively* experienced when I am either actively trying to shift, have an exceedingly prominent phantom/mental shift, or my animalistic side is triggered, lead me to believe that it is more likely supernatural related.

TLDR; try to see if there are mundane causes for your shifting signs. If it is actually a medical issue, going to a doctor instead of continuing to try to shift may save your life.