The pain of grief

The light picked through the clouds as Daena walked up the pathway to the castle carrying her sleeping daughter, the walk to the castle was a long one and her arms were giving out. Half way to the entrance she was met by a man, he wasn't a guard he had no armor so who is he?

"You must be Princess Daena." The man said approaching her.

Daena pushed Aeron behind her and held onto her daughter tightly.

"Mother who is he?" Aeron whispered.

"I don't know." She answered.

"I am a man named Cregan Stark your grace."

Cregan Stark Lord of winter fell

Cregan Stark Lord of winter fell. She had never met him before but it was said that the starks were men and women of honor.

"Your brother Jacaerys came to ask for my aid and I came."
He explained and traced his eyes over Daena's body. "Let me help you." He said reaching his hands out for the sleeping child.

Daena was to tired to argue and handed her to him.

"Welcome home princess." Cregan said.

"Thank you lord Stark."

"Cregan is fine my lady." He said bowing his head.

As they walked Daena was deep in thought ignoring the millions of questions her son had been asking Cregan Stark. She wondered if she made the right decision leaving without telling Aemond. She wanted things to go back to the way they were with him and their children but circumstances left her with no good choice.

Once they reached the entrance the guards were surprised by her arrival and alerted her family. Cregan escorted Daena inside and into the room with the painted table. It felt good to be back home, to be back in this room knowing her family was just a few steps away if she needed.

Rhaenyra ran into the room and stood there in awe, Daena turned around to see her mother and ran into her arms. The mother and daughter cried into each other's arms, the feeling was just to great.

"I am so sorry mother." She sobbed, she was apologizing for her brothers death after all it was her husband who killed him.

"It's not your fault sweet girl." Rhaenyra said kissing her daughter's head. As soon as the two pulled away Aeron ran into Rhaenyra's arms.

"You have gotten so big." She said to him.

Daemon Jace and Joffery walked in not to long after, Jace and Joffery both hugged their sister. This is all she wanted for so long just to be in the comfort of her family after losing her brother and child.

"They will pay for what they've done." Jace whispered to her. "I'll make sure of that."

Daena pulled away and turned to Daemon who was standing there for her. He rested his forehead on hers and then kissed it. "Took you long enough."