Epilogue

Phantom stood in front of a royal looking cat, the queen of Sage leap. "So let me get this straight. There these strange creatures souls running around causing some of the chaos around here, that originated from the mountains." She mewed skeptically

"Yes." Phantom mewed in response.

"And your here to hunt them down and I'm supposed to just let you run around my kingdom." She continued

Phantom nodded at this not really seeing the problem.

"I don't know how things work in the mountains, but that isn't exactly how they work here. But some of what you said makes sense." The queen mewed before thinking for a bit. "How about this, if you become part of my kingdom and give us a way to also fight against these things. I'll give you what you need and help with what I can hunting these things down. I could even help you interact with and become a full member of my leap." She offered.

"That is logical, we both gain something from this agreement." Phantom nodded before signing a contract a cat put down in front of Phantom and the queen. The queen signed as well, binding them both to the terms of the contract.

Phantom then blessed the queen whose fangs grew. "This part is new to me but should help you and others to be immune to soul draining and can eat corrupt souls like the ones running rampant or similar supernatural inconveniences.

The Queen examined her new fangs. "Can you give this to others?"

"Yes, yes I can. It also might prove useful." Phantom mewed contemplatively in response.

"Then please give this to my guards, they already know how to fight basically anything. Also the witches could help with their knowledge of the supernatural." The queen mewed before thinking for a bit again. "I suggest you visit the shrine of life and death. It should be pretty hard to miss and the spirits there should be able to help you."

"Thank you." Phantom mewed before walking off to uphold his end of the bargain. He would gain friendships with mortals and spirits and sometimes lose them. But nothing would stop his mission, nothing.