1

"I saw you drowning in the purple lights, diamonds shining bright"
——————————————-
Victoria Valentine | Met Gala After Party
(2016)

"I saw you drowning in the purple lights, diamonds shining bright"——————————————-Victoria Valentine | Met Gala After Party(2016)

💌

I take a deep breath as I rest my elegant, long coffin-shaped nails against the bar. I've finally made it to Harper Bazaar's Met Gala after party! This is my first time at the Met Gala and wearing Isabel Sanchis' custom Haute Couture designs chosen especially for me, after I walked her Fall/Winter collection last year. As part of the six-month ambassador contract that I signed with them, I've been working extremely hard to become one of the top models in this industry - though I'm not quite there yet. People had been telling me since childhood that I should join American's Next Top Model or pursue any type of modeling career; however, I didn't want this to be my sole profession. But somewhere along the line, I decided to give modeling a try and suddenly became enthralled with the clothes, travel opportunities, community of female models, distinctive styles and artistry behind it.

Tonight, is also my first time partying with some high profile celebrities. I'm drinking and partying with the likes of the Jenners sisters, whose outrageous antics have been getting them more than their fair share of tabloid attention. Not too fond of those women but I'm not a complete hater they can on the red carpet. In fact, one this is the first time I've been able to get away from Kendall tonight. I gotta admit, despite disliking her and her racist family, she can be quite likable but I'd rather party with people who don't make me feel like they're panhandling an audience. I quickly swipe a piece of my long hair out of the way and begin patting my hair making sure that it stays in place.

"Hi! Can I have crown and coke, please!" I order at the bar with a smile underneath the purple lights. The bartender nods her nods her head at me as I smooth over my grey silk dress that I feel like was getting tighter as the night goes on.

I'm not used to this kind of atmosphere; it's intimidating and unfamiliar, but I knew I wanted something different than what I had before

I'm not used to this kind of atmosphere; it's intimidating and unfamiliar, but I knew I wanted something different than what I had before. I hadn't had much of a social life prior to coming to Hollywood, apart from those close friends who joined me. But here I was at an after-party for the Met Gala, and I felt grateful for all that had changed. Selena Gomez liked my work and my Instagram—when she found out we were both from Texas, she invited me. Eventually, we got separated and I ended up with Bella Hadid and Kendall Jenner. They stayed with me all night long. Bella and I had already met—we worked together on a Calvin Klein shoot, literally three weeks ago, which she was really nice to me at, and she appreciated my effort. Surprisingly, Kendall kept showering me with compliments about my outfit details. We grew closer as the night went on; our bodies moved in harmony with the music as we danced together.