Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Everything was set up so Landon was able to take Lyla away and keep her safe. He was so glad of this and a few days up in the mountains was exactly what Lyla and Landon needed. And Lyla and Landon, as well as Hamish, were going to leave first thing in the morning.

Lyla had finished her packing which surprised Landon because he thought that it took girls a whole lot longer to pack when they were going on a trip. But at least she was quick because that meant she and Landon could leave early tomorrow morning so they could get away. Lyla was going to be safe and Landon was going to make sure of it.

Now all he needed to do was wait for a reply from the Beta of Beta's and then go away with Lyla. It was good because Landon's house in the mountains was on the way to the Alpha of Alpha's pack house, or palace, so as soon as Landon got a response, he was going to go and get the answers that he needed.

The only problem was the fact that the way to get to the palace was hard enough for a wolf and it was best to make the trek there in wolf form. Landon needed to bring Lyla with him but she was still a human until the next full moon and it was going to be really hard for her. Landon would have to think of a way that he would be able to get Lyla up there without her being hurt. At least he had some time to do that.

When Landon was finished doing what he needed to do in his office, he made his way up to his room so he could get his packing done. He would not have to take much because he was a man and he didn't need as much as what a woman did. Sometimes women could be so strange but he didn't mind because he loved his mate so much so she could be as strange as she wanted. That would always make Landon smile.

"Where are we actually...?" asked Lyla before a finger was placed on her mouth.

"Uh-huh, darling. Don't," said Landon.

"Oh, right. I forgot."

"I know. You are still not used to mind linking. But practice makes perfect, doesn't it?"

Lyla nodded.

"You wanted to ask me something."

Lyla nodded again.

"Ask me."

"Where are we actually going?" asked Lyla.

"To my house in the mountains. To a place where I can keep you safe," replied Landon.

"Will it? I don't think it will."

"I have to try anything to keep you safe."

"Isn't this just running away?"

"Yes, it is. But running away is going to keep you safe and it is going to get me some time to work out what to do."

"Do you think you can do it?" asked Lyla.

"I am a pretty smart wolf, I am known for that. I am sure I will be able to think of something," replied Landon.

"I guess."

"But, we need to stop thinking about this. I want to take you out and spend time with you. Ever since you have been here, I have been working and we have had hardly any time with each other. So I want to spend time with you."

"What will we do?"

"Whatever you want."

"Let's go and see a movie."

"A movie it is. Let me finish up here and then we can go."

Lyla nodded and she made herself comfortable on the bed as she waited for Landon. There were so many things that she wanted to do. She would have liked to go and see her parents, well, actually, her mother, and Gabi but she knew that Landon would say no to that. She thought. But she hadn't asked him and maybe she could ask him now. She had seen her father so now couldn't she see her mother? It was time to ask Landon.