Epilogue

Epilogue

Today, Lyla was turning eighteen and she was going to be an adult. She was an adult as soon as she turned eighteen and part of her was nervous for that. But at least she would be an adult and adults got to do everything that children didn't get to. She would finally be an adult, just like her brother, and she was certainly going to use that against him.

It had been two lunar cycles since the attack and the ball and so far, things had been okay. The remaining few turned wolves were willing to listen to the pure wolves and be taught by them and no new turned wolves were going to be created so eventually the race would be extinct, apart from Lyla. She would be the one and only turned wolf left.

Landon was in the midst of teaching two turned wolves how to control their wolf and for the past two full moons, he had been watching them like a hawk. They were doing well and Landon decided that they only needed one more full moon supervision and then they would be on their own.

The Alpha King had also been personally watching over the packs who were training the turned wolves and he seemed satisfied that Landon's proposal was a good one. He still had his doubts about letting Lyla live but he wasn't one to separate soulmates by death so he was willing to let her live. She just needed to control her wolf and if she created anymore turned wolves, she would definitely be killed, no matter what Landon said.

But Lyla actually wasn't scared of being killed. For the past two full moons, Landon sung the transformation song to the three turned wolves who were in his pack and they successfully managed to keep control of their wolves until the moon set the next morning. They had also been controlling their emotions and they had learnt mind link. Lyla was now able to mind link other turned wolves and they were able to mind link them. The next step was to teach Lyla to mind link the rest of the pack and then she would be set.

Today, however, there was going to be no work with the turned wolves. They were free to have the day off as long as they behaved themselves and Landon was going to spend the day making his mate happy. He wasn't going to complain about that because two lunar cycles ago, he could have lost her. So he was thanking the Moon Goddess every day that he still had her and he never realised how much he loved her.

"What first, darling?" asked Landon, "breakfast?"

Lyla nodded. A birthday breakfast sounded nice. A birthday breakfast of pancakes sounded even nicer.

"And I don't have to ask if you want pancakes, do I?" Landon grinned.

"No, you don't," replied Lyla as she followed Landon to the kitchen.

Lyla made herself comfortable at the table in the kitchen while Landon got to work on the birthday pancakes. Apparently Landon always liked cooking breakfast for his mate but Lyla wasn't going to complain because it was one less thing that she had to do in the morning so she could just sit around and relax while her breakfast was being made for her. What could be better than that in the morning?

"And what do you want to do after breakfast?" asked Landon.

"Shopping," replied Lyla.

"Why would you want to go shopping?"

"You said we are having a party and I have to wear something nice. I have to get something nice, don't I?"

"With my credit card?"

"Who else would buy me a nice dress?"

"No one. So I suppose we can go."

"You want to come?" asked Lyla when Landon finally brought over her plate of pancakes that was smothered in maple syrup. This was definitely a perfect birthday breakfast.