Home (Side chapter)

Help i wrote everything only to find out that it was in the wrong book.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Home...

A word that leaves a weird tasteyet a place that I've been longing and searching for. A feeling, my current house wasn't giving me. Which is why i try to find multiple ways to get back home, longer routes but to no avail.

Usually, when people return to their homes, they feel a sense of warmth, or rather, safety. It's the complete opposite for me when I return to my house.

To be clear, my house is a traditional- modern korean house.

My mother,half Japanese and half Korean, met my father, half Japanese and half Australian at U.A high. They applied to U.A from Korea (my mother) and from Australia (My father).

I'm fluent in Japanese,Korean and English.

Well, thats enough of the boring backstory.

I can't believe that things had changed. Something felt weird. I'm not used to a lot of affection from my mother as well.as my father. The only time my mother gave me her time was when I was ill. Which is why I try to fall sick every once in a while on purpose.

Lately, when my father goes out for his afternoon patrol and my mother isn't, my mother gives me a lot of weird affection. Of course, I felt uncomfortable, but I liked it. I wanted to believe that things have changed for the better.

I still can'tbelieve that things have changed for the better, which is why today. Today I will get my answer; An explanation for this weird affection.

The bell rung and I got up from my seat, keeping my things. It was a habit of mine to arrange my books by height, which is what causes me to leave the class late. Its rather frustrating.

I finished arranging things and got put of the school, Shoto walking next to me. I do sometimes wonder, if he actually liked me, or if he was faking it because his parents forced him to. I realized that I've been living an airy fairy life lately, very unusual. I wonder if things will take a turn for the worse and the universe will show me the truth behind the "wonderful life" that I'm living right now.

We reached a fork in the middle of the neighbourhood, seperating houses. How classic. Shoto gives me a secret- quick oeck on the forehead and heads to the opposite direction from me. He had offered countless times to walk me back home but I declined.

I didn't want my family to find out, though we were supposed to be together anyway, because the endless pestering from relatives is highly annoying. The one part of the family that I do fear the most are the auntues because they get their information from who knows where. The gossip and ask questions about your work life, school life, social life and most importantly... Your love life. They ask all this just to either show off or gossip all over again.

I reach my home and I'm immedeately greeted by my mother that claims to have bought me and my brother's favourite sweets during her morning patrol. My twin younger brother and sister glare at me with dissatisfaction and jealousy. Looks like she only got them for me and my brother.You might ask where Ichi is, well, he got home before me. He basically asks Miwa to teleport him home, since our house is only 5km away. Still a rather long journey on foot though.

I realize that Miwa isn't really mentioned in this story. Do you have anything to say for yourself, author??

Author: Uh.. No..

Right. Anyways.

I turn to see my mother offering me a variety of my favourite sweets and desserts.

The question.. FINALLY. I'll definitely ask it now.