Chapter 2 - !¿THE PAST COMMUNICATING WITH THE PRESENT¿!

Chapter 2: !¿THE PAST COMMUNICATING WITH THE PRESENT¿!

Author's Note: If you have read Chapter 1 than you may be thinking 'Why is this the same as the flashback scene in chapter 1?' well it is part of the plot for this chapter and if you don't read it you probably won't understand what's going on so please for the love of God, Eywa, any lord who is willing to listen READ THE WHOLE CHAPTER!

TW: Guns, blood and wounds
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Jake's POV:

I walked into the lab only to see Norm's little sister giggling as she drew on her paper. "What are you drawing missy?", I say leaning against the door frame. She turns to looks at me and smiles. "I don't really know", she replies back to me returning to her drawing. I walk up to the table she was at and looked at the piece of paper. It had a triangle with a cross in it. "Y/N SPELLMAN! DID YOU STEAL MY STUFF AGAIN!?", I hear a voice yell, then Norm walks into the room. "Maybeeeeee.", the little girl replies smiling at her older brother. "Why you little...", Norm says while coming towards his sister with his hands out. Y/n laughs as Norm starts tickling her sides with a big smile on his face. Norm stops tickling Y/n and hugs her as her laughter dials down and she catches her breath pushing herself into Norm's chest. "Hey Jake! How's Neytiri and the children going?", Norm asked looking up at me. "Neytiri's doing okay and Neteyam and Lo'ak are still being little menaces but I guess they are always going to be that way!", I spoke replying to Norm's question while look at Y/n with a smile on my face. "Hey! How old is Y/n?", I ask looking up at Norm. "She is 5! The same age as Lo'ak.", Norm responded with a big smile on his face looking down at Y/n. The little girl looks up at Norm giving him a big smile which Norm happily returned then she looked at me. Her (e/c) eyes looking up at me staring into my eyes. Y/n smiles at me but then starts coughing violently. "Hey! What's wrong?!", Norm asked pulling her away from his chest to look at her smile frame. " I (cough) I (cough) don't know (cough) I can't (cough) breathe (cough)!", Y/n stutters a sentence out through her violently pits of coughing. Me and Norm looked her at hand and mouth and saw blood. Blood was pouring out of her mouth like a river. Norm swiftly pick her up and ran to the medical room with me following. Once we got there to medics took her inside and told us to wait outside. I had to hold Norm as he sobbed. His baby sister, the only family he has left is in that room with blood pooling from her mouth. I turn him around and pull him close so he sobbed into my skin. Tears of my only start flowing down my face as I hold on to Norm as if he would disappear if I let go of him. Hearing him cry with heartbreaking, I loves his sister so much to the point where he wouldn't know what to do if she died. He can't loose her. Not now. Not ever! After a few hour, a medic comes out of the room. Norm rushes to the medic as fast humanly possible. "IS MY LITTLE SISTER OKAY!?", he asked the medic in a panic. "Yes, she is okay but we found out that she has Hemoptysis.", the medics says continuing to explain to Norm.

"Hemoptysis is when blood is in the sputum or mucus when a person coughs or spits. It can occur with a severe cough, but it may also be a sign of a more severe condition, such as bronchitis. Blood in the sputum is a common event in many mild respiratory conditions, including upper respiratory infections and asthma."
"We also found out that airways started to close up that's why she was having a hard time breathing."

"But she has never done this before. Why now?", Norm questioned. "We have no idea why this happened now but you are welcome to see her.", the medic said to Norm and me walking away. Norm and I rushed into the room only to see Y/n unconscious, hooked up to multiple wire, a oxygen mask around her nose and a tube inserted into her throat. When Norm saw her, he started to sob even harder as he ran to his little sister's side grabbing her little hard in his. "I'm so sorry baby. I'm so sorry I can't protect you Y/n. I'm so sorry.", Norm chocked out through sobs. I walk up behind him and put my hand on his shoulder squeezing it as he sobbed into his little sister's hand. The sound of the heart monitor echoed through the room as Norm's sobs only got louder each second.

It was heartbreaking. Norm is my best friend and seeing him like this just........ breaks me. I watched Y/n as her chest lowly lifted up and down with each breath she took. Her chest shook slightly with each breath. I rub Norm's shoulder with my thumb as an attempt to comfort him as he cries into his baby sister's hand as I take my other hand and put it on Y/n's pulse on her neck. It was faint but it was there. But it felt like it was slowly fading. My ears flatten as tears continue to roll down my face. Norm begins to shake as broken sobs continue to flow out of his mouth. My hand still on her pulse my ear flick up slightly as I hear little whimpers.

"Nor?", Norm's head quickly lifts up and I turn my head to back met with Y/n's half opened eyes. Tears start to flow down her face as she starts to shake. "Hey. Hey. Hey. Everything is okay sis.", Norm spoke softly gently whipping away her tears. I take my hands off her pulse and off of Norm's shoulder as he tries to comfort his little sister. "Norm I don't want to be here!", Y/n said as she weakly grabs on to her brother shirt. Her little hand grips the tube that is in her throat trying to pull it out and was stopped by Norm. "Hey you need to keep that in there don't pull it out.", Norm said as he move Y/n's hand off of the tube as she continues to cry in pain. "It's hurt. It's hurt so bad. Make it stop!", Y/n sobs gripping on to Norm's shirt again as she cried out of fear and pain. Her sobs echoed through the room making my ears flatten even more. "I will let you two be alone now.", I whispered to Norm as he nods and waves goodbye to me. I walk out of the lab and begin to walk back to the HomeTree. I hear faint screaming in the background. Like someone or some people were screaming my name. It slowly got louder and louder. I can understand what they are saying. They are saying "Jake! dad! Wake up! Please wake up! We need you! Help please!" followed by blood curdling screaming. I start to sprint. Running as start as I possibly can. Then.............

I woke up. I shoot up frantically looking around to see me and my family tied up. No but there was one other guy there. I didn't recognise him but he looked pretty beaten up with bruises all over his body and blood dripping from his head. We all when silent and he look up at us more so me and my wife. Tears  mixed with blood running down his face as he tried to said something but it wouldn't come out. We just stared at each other as I was trying to process what is going on in this situation. He opened his mouth again but this time he was able to speak. "Save yourse—" before he could even finish the sentence a gun was fired. He dropped to the floor head bleeding from a bullet wound to the back of the head. My eyes when wide as I turn to my family. Neytiri looked at me with a expression, Neteyam and Lo'ak looked at each other, Kiri was trying to comfort Tuk and Tuk just started at sob in fear. Panic bolted through me as I were footsteps moving closer to us. I turn my head facing forward.

"Finally. Took you long another to wake up." A familiar voice echoed throughout the cave we were in.

The people steps into the light.

My eyes widen and my ears flatten all the way back as tears threaten to fall.

"No it can't be........"
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
I really hope you enjoyed chapter 2 and please stick around for chapter 3.

Words: 1502 words