Chapter 48: Kei's Day of Relaxation

Kei's P.O.V

It had been another three days, and I had spent each day training with my father until mid-afternoon on my Crystal style. I was now able to master the crystal blades without failure and was now learning how to do something more complex than the blades to improve the control of my Crystal style. We also did a bit of Kenjustu training, and my formation has improved a lot.

I also haven't seen Naruto since the encounter with him and the Jairya. So I haven't gotten much of a chance to ask him what exactly that was all about that day. Besides, I was more focused on the training since we had about only two more weeks left before the finals started.

When I wasn't training with my father, I would go out before dinner and train on my Genjustu and learn new Wind and Earth style justu. I now have two more new justu for each and learned slightly how to use my sword only with my mouth, so I can throw opponents after thinking I can't fight if my hands are injured.

"Huff," I breathed out. I was breathing heavily, and sweat was dripping down my face.

"Good job, young Serpent do it one more time," Father said in a commanding tone.

"Right," I said, making hand signs as multiple jade-green crystals surrounded me and moved my hands, tossing them like shuriken, hitting the trees and forming a pattern of two snakes in a heart.

I panted heavily as I fell onto my knees on the grass, feeling the exhaustion from training late last night and then training to maintain this higher level justu. I saw my father walking towards me as he bent down and picked me up, holding me against his chest.

"You have been going out late to train, haven't you?" He questioned, looking at me as if he was holding me.

"Yeah," I managed to get out from all the heavy breathing I was doing.

Father sighed."Alright, let's get you in bed since I doubt you have the strength to eat lunch," He said as he started walking off, carrying me as I passed out from exhaustion.

***

I woke up in a very comfortable bed and sat, seeing that it wasn't my bedroom, but I immediately regretted sitting up as a wave of pain hit me.

"Ow," I whispered, rubbing my sides as I glanced at the clock and saw that it was the afternoon, the lack of rest and hard work hitting me at full force.

I narrowed my eyes as I noticed a note on the bed table next to the clock and realized this was my father's old house the minute I saw his family photo.

'So then this note must be from father.' I thought, picking up the note and reading it.

Kei,

This is your father. I want you to spend the day relaxing; you shouldn't push yourself so close to the final exams. Go hang out with your friends or soak in the hot springs. Just take it easy, especially since it's your birthday. Don't bother waiting for me to show up won't be there have essential matters to take care of.

Speaking of your birthday, behind the clock is a birthday present. I'm impressed with the progress you have made, but that is not why I got you a gift for your birthday. It's something that I just felt like I needed to do.

You should probably head home after you eat the surprise I left you in my old kitchen. Surprisingly nobody cleared out of my house guess nobody was brave enough to mess with a rouge house. Anko must have been going crazy looking for you since last night. So go home and checked in with my old student the. You can keep avoiding her but stop sitting on the roof at night. I have seen you up there almost every night from the inn. My Sound team had been checked in at.