Chapter 81: The guts of a ninja

Kei rushed toward her father attempting to get him to stop the fight and the snake mouth from eating Naruto."Father enough of this please," She said.

Jairya then made hand signs and stopped the snake slightly by creating a small swamp of mud underneath the snake that Orochimaru and Kei were now standing on and joined other of them.

"So you decide to intervene crystal serpent?" Orochimaru asked."Fine then I force you out of the way," Orochimaru said running forward his hair blowing behind him before he stretched out his neck.

"Kei!" Jairya exclaimed making hand signs as his spike up and wrapped around her shielding Kei from an incoming kick from Orochimaru.

Orochimaru then attempts to bite Jairya's neck to cancel out the justu so he can get to Kei.

"Blast! The jutsu isn't strong enough," Jairiya said.

'Oh Father, please listen to me we don't have to fight like this.' Kei thought wishing her father would listen to her and end this fight.

"Even if we are both impaired, you haven't a chance of beating you might as well give up already, and the same goes for you," Orochimaru said turning his attention towards Kei at the end of his statement.

"Never I won't let you continue evil ways Father," Kei said freeing herself from Jairiya's jutsu."One way or another I will have my father in my life even if I have to punch the good back into you!" Kei stated running towards Orochimaru.

"So be it Crystal Serpent," Orochimaru said before he stretched out his tongue stopped Kei in her tracks, and tossed her into Jairiya.

"I will have to force you out of the way roughly since I need you out of the way," Orochimaru said stareing at his daughter."I don't need you interfering it's too risky," He muttered in a tone only Kei could hear.

'Father Father sounds worried there. I knew he had good in him he couldn't be all evil to get me a gift but why only show it to me? Is it because I'm his daughter or is it because of what he wants me for in the future? ' Kei thought as she felt Jairya holding her securely.

"Oh Jairya look at you," Orochimaru said turning his full attention back to Jairya."They used to call you the town madman, and now you're plodding along dutifully for the village, with this brat in tow and even my child."

There was a pause until Orochimaru continued."You've really fallen haven't you old friend? Trust me, I've always had a good eye for talent with that one, all I see is insipid mediocrity and for my child, I see a girl with a weak will but a gift for learning quicker than others."

"You hitched the nail on the head for both," Jairiya said with a smirk."What would I want with the Uchiha kid? Tell me, where is the fun in tea with a boy who is already a genius, to begin with, and already full of determination with Kei it is the fun of building up her will to fight through the confusion on what path to take since she met you and discover the truth of why you were kept secret, and that boy it the fun of training him to be a better shinobi and less clueless."

"How touching you're dragon the boy because he reminds you of your old self, and sweet you care for daughter but we both know that my daughter will always believe in me she will never truly stay loyal to the village," Orochimaru commented in a mocking tone."That boy will never beat the Uchiha born as he was in the art of the Sharingan."

'Father why must you be like this." Kei thought clenching her necklace as she sat up from Jairiya's arms.

"Poor Naruto has no chance of surpassing Sasuke. A shinobi's strength rests upon their ability to obtain and master all the justu in the world that are more important than a shinboi sure the crystal serpent could beat Sasuke maybe if she learns to master her bloodline, but even she can only learn so much but still more useful them that boy," Orochimaru stated."The very reason we are called ninjas is because of the many ninjutsu that we wield."

Jairiya simply scoffed.

"You're wrong. That's not what makes a shinboi. You never did get it."

Orochimaru simply stared at Jairya.

"A real ninja endures, no matter what gets them."

"A difference of opinion, I suppose," Orochimaru said.

"Well you're not wrong about Naruto's father he is a clueless knucklehead who only hardly knows justu if he couldn't make clones he probably wouldn't have made it as far as he did in the exams," Kei said." And he can't accept the fact that someone is stronger than him normally I wouldn't insult him but I don't care about his behavior," She said.

'Boy, she's cruel when mad she's definitely her father's child. ' Jairya thought glancing at Kei.

"That may all be true, but let me tell you something," Jairiya said."There is only one thing that matters as a shinobi, and it is not the number of justu all you need is the guts to never give up."

Kei glanced at Naruto to see him charging up his new justu about to hit Kabuto, until it failed with Kabuto avoiding it.

'Naruto maybe I could try to be forgiving he did explain he didn't mean the words and that he was just jealous.' Kei thought as she narrowed her eyes as Kabuto walked towards Naruto debating whether to help him or continue trying to get through her father.

As she stared at them as Kabuto kicked Naruto over and over before Naruto attempted to get up smacking Kabuto's foot away."I'm going to give up. I never go back on my word that my ninja way."

"Oh Naruto if only I could find my way like you can," Kei muttered softly as Naruto attempted Rasengan again."You better than me in that way even if I master my training faster, but forgiveness will still have to be earned though I understand why you were upset and said those awful things," She continued mumbling to herself as Naruto landed his Rasengan on Kabuto.

Hey lovely reader! Here we are Kei attempts to stop her father by force but starts off with a rough start with Jairya needing to protect her. Orochimaru begins bad talking Naruto and his daughter slightly. Kei agrees with her father on Naruto being pathetic due to still be mad at him,leading to Jairya thought on how she like her father when mad,but Kei soft at seeing Naruto getting beat and his determination to keep fighting Kabuto.Next chapter we see more on how Kei will handle this fight with her father and the threeway deadlock of the sannin.

Question of the chapter: How do you think Naruto can truly earn back Kei''s forgiveness?

Thanks for reading!

word count: 1212