16

Standing in an off shouldered dove white laced dress, she looks at me with a promising smile. She adjusted the flowered veil on her head, revealing her new acrylic nails. Walking down the the petal filled aisle from the 2 flower girls dressed in blue, with her grip on the bouquet of multicoloured roses, her eyes meets mine as the clock strikes 12 - the exact time I was born.
There I stood, in a black tuxedo and a red rose on its pocket. Taking a deep breath, I said my vows and recited that very poem i wrote a long time ago.
She blinked her tears of joy away and started to say her vows with a shaky breath.
"I promise to be your honest, faithful, and loving wife for the rest of my days. I pledge to honor you, love you, and cherish you as my husband today and every day. Today I say, "I do" but to me that means, "I will." I will take your hand and stand by your side in the good and the bad." These words crashed through the locked doors of my heart of stone.
"You may kiss the bride"
I picked her up in bridal style and leaned in. I could taste her vanilla flavoured lipstick rubbing onto my protruded lower lip, as it moves back and forth with its pleasing touch. Pulling back from her, I licked off some lip gloss from my lips and faced the applauding crowd with a flushed face.
That night, she danced her drunk self off while i kept it low on alcohol. I only ate two pieces of the fruit cake. It wasn't my favourite flavour anyway, chocolate's way better. My mom kept shoving her Canon EOS 5D Mark II camera in front of my face and recorded literally every single moment of the ceremony. My dad just clapped and didn't bother to take any photos since my mom basically has the whole ceremony in her camera without missing a single millisecond.
Although my mom was supportive, she couldn't help but complain about the food choice. Typical mom.