Chapter 7

For the next few hours, I helped the operators and patients get them into the hospital and ensure that everyone got the medical attention they needed

For the next few hours, I helped the operators and patients get them into the hospital and ensure that everyone got the medical attention they needed. By the end of it, I felt drained out. Mentally and physically.

I got into my car and drove away towards the town, but instead of driving to the hospital, I pulled next to the river and parked. Not only did I feel mentally and physically exhausted, but for some reason, I felt empty. there was a total of twelve patients and three deaths

three deaths

Am I doing enough?

That's the question that I couldn't help but wonder about. Am I doing enough? Am I working hard? I felt my throat tighten at the thought as I felt tears streaming down my face. What if I need to work harder? I feel like I have barely done anything since I came here. I looked at the time, and it was one am.

I honestly didn't feel like I wanted to go to the hospital. As ridiculous as this may sound, I felt like everyone was so good at their job that I felt like I wouldn't make a difference even if I were there to help or not.

Even at the smallest job that Doctor Park told me to visit Doctor Kang's grandmother and find out about his past, I couldn't even do that properly. I blew my cover away and just straight up told Doctor Kang about everything. I couldn't even treat Doctor Kang without having my cover blown off.

Do I even deserve to call myself a nurse?

Now that I know about Doctor Kang's blindness, all I have to do is tell Doctor Park... Then what?... let me go?... that's all... after all that's all he wanted me for... to figure out Doctor Kang's cause of blindness and leave...it already happened once, and it's going to happen again...

As if I don't matter.

It happened in the city hospital now it will happen again

Being abandoned again...

and again...

again...

It will happen anyway. I would have to leave any way. I can't stay here forever. I'm going to have to leave any way.

I started my car and drove away towards the hospital. Once I reached there, I entered the hospital, and to my surprise, everything was under control despite the number of patients and the extent of the injuries there were. The fact that they managed to get it under control in a short time was surprising to me.

"Oh Miss Kim", I heard a voice call out to me, and I saw Miss Jeon rush towards me.

"Hello, Miss Jeon" I smiled.

"I heard you were at the accident scene all this time", Miss Jeon said. "Out in the cold and dark."

"Yeah, we manage to give medical attention to everyone," I said

"I'm quite impressed you seem to get the patient stable, and even your techniques are quite impressive," Miss Jeon said

"Oh, it's nothing much. Is Doctor Park here?" I asked