Chapter 7

Sade's POV:

Honestly, I don't even think I want to go anymore. I thought I could do it. I thought I could stand to be around Lauren, and Dylan, despite my feelings for her. I thought I could suppress it and just be her friend. I don't want to lose her as a friend, but I just can't- I can't do it.

Lauren's probably the first person I've genuinely liked since middle school, and even that didn't end well. She cares for me and checks up on me and she just brings the best vibes around me all the time. It's hard not to crush on her really. Not only that, but the thing with her is I thought we could have actually gone somewhere. Usually if I did begin to have a crush on someone, it'd be shut down immediately. They'd either be straight, or in a relationship, or give me an unforgivable ick. None of that was the case with her. Not to mention that moment we had in the car the night at the fair. But then Dylan barged his ass in, and I missed my chance to tell her how I felt.

I know that it's partially on me, and that's probably why it hurts so much. I don't think I can face her at this dance though. Seeing everyone, especially her, having the time of their lives with their little dates and being all hugged up. And to make things even worse, I'm not even speaking to the one person I'd have to lean on right now. I know her intentions weren't to hurt me because I know Aria, but it still doesn't excuse what she did and the fact that it hurt me anyway. I'll talk to her soon, just not now.

It's five in the afternoon and I had gotten off of work about two hours ago. I wasn't lying last night, I really did have to be there at eight this morning. I laid in my bed with my mind made up that I won't be attending that dance. My phone was on do not disturb and I just wanted to enjoy a marathon of 'HTGAWM' with my snacks.

However, my peace was interrupted when my sisters barged into my room, unannounced as always,

Lyric came in shouting, "SAH-PRISE SHAWTAY-" She then looked down at me and saw I was still in bed. "Sade what the hell the dance starts at seven, why aren't you up?"

"Omgeee let me seee-" 'Thena squeezed through the doorway behind Lyric, "why you still in the bed?" she asked, confused.

'Mara soon walked up behind the two standing in the doorway. "What's going on I can't see-" they shuffled a little. "Sade babe, why aren't you dressed?"

Sighing heavily, I softly palmed my forehead.

"I'm not going," I said bluntly. My sisters pouted and moved onto my bed. The three of them sat down with concerned looks,

"Whyyyy, what happened??" Lyric whined.

"I don't know I'm just not feeling it no more, I'm tired-"

"Bull," 'Mara chimed.

'Thena was quiet and studying me for a moment until she blurted,

"It's Lauren isn't it-" all of our heads snapped in her direction. Lyric and 'Mara quickly turned back to me waiting for an explanation on who Lauren was, but my gaze remained on 'Thena,

"'Thena what are you talking about?" I shook my head in denial.

"Don't act like you don't know miss thing. I was paying attention at the movies, and can't nobody have you smiling like that but a crush. I saw her name on your phone. Care to explain?" She tilted her head with a smirk as her eyebrows went up.

My  face scrunched, then went stale.

"Nope," I shrugged then pulled the covers over my head. But Lyric quickly snatched them back off,

"Okay Sade, the jig is up- spill. What happened?"

Eventually explaining the situation to them, I tried my best to keep my tears at bay. My sisters knew about my sexuality and never judged me for it, in fact they were the most accepting out of everyone. The only person that doesn't know is my mother and I planned to keep it that way until I moved away for college. I knew where she stood on the subject and I didn't want her to disown me or be disappointed in me. Not again. They nodded in understanding as I explained to them why I didn't feel like going,