The Suspension - Chapter 9

Marinette's pov

I sat on the couch as my mom & dad lectured me. "What were you thinking? Attacking a classmate?" My mom said looking at me in angry. "Answer your mother Marinette." Papa said sternly. I sat there starring at them. "Fine well you are suspended & you are grounded for the next to weeks. Go to your room." My mom said pinching her nose in frustration. I walked up stairs to my room & laid down.

Adrian's pov

After lunch we went to class. "Alright everyone to will be a free period. Talk quietly & work." Ms. Mendeleiev said sitting at her desk. I turned to Alya & Nino. "What happened with Marinette at lunch?" I asked. " we don't know man we are just as surprised as you." Nino said confused. "Yeah she has never let her angry get that bad." Alya said shrugging. We sat & talked for the rest of class.

Once school was over Alya pulled me aside. "Can you check on her?" She asked. "I don't know she's not exactly my biggest fan anymore." I said hesitantly. "Well it is you're fault." She said. I sighed & agreed before getting into my car. On the way home I kept thinking about Marinette. I understand Cholé is alot....too much, but Marinette doesn't just snap like that. She sweet, kind, charming, smart, beautiful, talented & confident.....thats besides point.  As soon as I got home, I went to my room & started on my homework. A few hours later Natalie came in to inform me that it was time for bed & that tomorrow after school I had two photo-shoots. Once she left I waited so I can go check on Marinette.

"Plagg claws out" I said. After tranforming I jumped out the window & across the rooftops. Once I got to her roof. I hesitated to knock on the door, but I took a deep breathe & knocked. I waited for a response, but nothing came. I opened the door & softly jumped in. "Tikki I know I messed up. Just help take these down" Marinette groaned. I looked at the main area of the room. "Marinette.....are you Planning to talk to Cha-" "Tikki I'm not talking to that lair." I felt my heart sank as those words left her mouth. I decided to leave before she saw me. I turned to around leave when Tikki appeared in my face. "Oh hey chat." I could hear Marinette stop crumbling papers. I gulped & turned around. "What are you doing here?" She said angrily. "Well Alya, Nino, & I where worried about you so I wanted to check out you." I said walking out into the open. I said noticing the crumpled up pictures & magazine clipping of me in the trash. "Well I'm fine go away." She said shoving her face full of papers into the trash can. "Plagg claws off." I detransformed. "Marinette I-" suddenly we heard footsteps. "Marinette Alya is here with your homework & classwork." I hid as the door opened. "Thx mom." Marinette mumbled. Soon the door shut & I slowly came out of hiding.

"Hey girl what's up?" Alya said putting the papers done. She turned & looked at me. "Oh good you're here." She smirked. "You told him you come here? Why?" Marinette said clearly irritated. "Yeah y'all need to talk it out." Alya huffed crossing her arms. "I don't have anything to say to him." Marinette said grabbing my papers for her desk drawers. I sat on the floor as the argued. "What are those?" I asked as she threw them in the trash. "Nothing." Alya grabbed them out of the trash. "Are these you're chat designs &...oh?" Alya asked smuggly. "Alya give those back!" Marinette yelled. "Adrian look at this." Alya throw the crumpled up paper at me. Once I had caught it Marinette Snatched it from my hands. "Alya enough & you leave." I said pointing at me. "Fine but answer one thing for me Marinette." I said standing up. "What?" "Do you still like me as chat or Adrian at all?" I asked hopeful. "I have nothing to say to you." She glared.

Marinette's pov

"I have nothing to say to you." I glared. He defeatedly sighed, transformed & left. I sat down on my bed & held my head. "Girl what is up with you?" Alya asked sitting next to me. "Alya why are you on his side?" I asked. "Because I know he didn't do it to hurt you. Think about it what if the rolls where switched & you didn't know how to tell him?" "I don't know." I pouted. After a while of doing homework Alya went home.

The rest of the week went by slowly. It was Monday & I wanted to leave this house but I'm still grounded. Alya has been coming over with homework & classwork but other then that I am stuck in isolation. I haven't seen Adrian since that night. I don't know what to think anymore i don't know if I'm mad or just overreacting "Marinette come down stairs please." My mom called from down stairs. I walked down to see her & dad sitting in the frontroom with suitcases. "Yes?" "Marinette we have to go out of town for a Little while to help you uncle." Mom said zipping up her suitcase. "You are still Suspended from school, but you have been behaving so you are off grounded." Dad said starring at me. "Really? Thank you!" I said hugged him. "But you have to give us updates everyday while we are gone." I nodded in agreement. Soon after they left for the airport.